Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello Habriel!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
DaniHel
(Sorry for the typo on your name Gabriel but the forum doesn´t have a topic title change option :S )

Hello!

I´ve been playing guitar for some time now, 4-5 years, never really tried to learn someone else´s stuff, i mainly just practised exercises, scales and such, which i´ve come to realize was a fault to my composing skills.

I saw your epic metal lesson and knew this was the place to be and learn! I signed up as soon as the video ended smile.gif

My favorite genre is power/epic/symphonic metal, and it´s the kind of sound i am trying to achieve for my project ( I call it a project because i am composing and recording every instrument (some vst of course) and when im done i´ll get people to play i) but i end up doing the same old powerchords. I may have melodies in my head but cant apply them on guitar through chords, so i´m hoping to learn alot from you!

Here is my question: On your lessons you have very nice orquestration, i was wondering what vst you used. I really wanted to add some orquestration to my sound, i got my hands on east west quantum leap orquestra, it´s huge, like 16GB but haven´t goten arround to use it yet.

Well, this is all, thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

Also, if you could watch a video and listen to some of my unfinished compositions i´d appreciate it smile.gif

This was for the Dean Contest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jIqoS1iKNI

Myspace
(The orquestration on one of the songs was done by a keyboardist friend of mine, but the keyboard parts were written and played by me)

All the best and keep up with your great lessons!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Daniel! I have checked your links and I have to say that you have a great technique and that I found really cool ideas in the Myspace.
To make demos, I would suggest you the VSTi called Edirol Orquestal. It's a simple VSTi that sound really cool. (I used it in my orquestal lessons).
Then, if you want to finish a professional mix I would go for the east west quantum leap orquestra or the Viena Symphonic Samples. I preffer working with a small software while I'm composing to make the things more fluently and then I replace it with heavier samples.
I also use "Drumkits from hell" for the drums. This would make your demos sound a lot better.

There are many VSTi and samples for every instrument like Organs, Clavinets, etc... that sound exactly like the original instrument so I recomend you to investigate about this.

I also suggest you to check Lian Gerbino's lessons as well as contact him to know what vsti and samples he uses in his Orquestal lessons.

Ok, good luck and tell me if you have any other question.

Gabriel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.