Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad Paisley
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Muris Varajic > Artists & Bands (Muris)
Muris Varajic
C'mon guys,lets hear some thoughts,
what do you think about Brad
as a composer,singer,player,artist etc. smile.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 11 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
C'mon guys,lets hear some thoughts,
what do you think about Brad
as a composer,singer,player,artist etc. smile.gif

I am not much of a country fan but there is no denying that this dude has serious skills. He is the EVH of country music in my opinion. EVH on cornbread is what I would call him laugh.gif laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Nov 12 2008, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not much of a country fan but there is no denying that this dude has serious skills. He is the EVH of country music in my opinion. EVH on cornbread is what I would call him laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif That was damn cool explanation of Brad,EVH on Cornbread. laugh.gif

Btw Monte,since you very skilled player I think
you should try some country after all,
specially because there is a lot of hybrid/chicken picking in there! smile.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 12 2008, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif That was damn cool explanation of Brad,EVH on Cornbread. laugh.gif

Btw Monte,since you very skilled player I think
you should try some country after all,
specially because there is a lot of hybrid/chicken picking in there! smile.gif

I think one of my next lessons to tackle will be your country lesson!! I'm gonna master that damn hybrid/chicken picking if it's the last thing I do!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Nov 12 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think one of my next lessons to tackle will be your country lesson!! I'm gonna master that damn hybrid/chicken picking if it's the last thing I do!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's the spirit I like to see!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Speaking of Brad,
you should REALLY check out his latest release called "Play:The Guitar Album",
you will be amazed by how much great playing he putted there,
plus he has few guests as well,B.B. King and Keith Urban among others. smile.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 12 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the spirit I like to see!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Speaking of Brad,
you should REALLY check out his latest release called "Play:The Guitar Album",
you will be amazed by how much great playing he putted there,
plus he has few guests as well,B.B. King and Keith Urban among others. smile.gif

Will do!! I am always up for some cool guitar playing!! You can always learn something from every player, no matter if you like their genre of music or not!!

Monte
skennington
I think Brad is one hell of a guitar player. His songwriting is amazing as well. Always writes about things that common people can identify with.. smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 12 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Brad is one hell of a guitar player. His songwriting is amazing as well. Always writes about things that common people can identify with.. smile.gif

Yeah,his lyrics are really natural and easy to follow,
and if you add his playing to it then you really have a star,
and he is a star after all. smile.gif
skennington
Sad story, and I know he is not the writer on this one, but it's one of my fav's by him. Brad and Allison Krauss really clicked in this one imo.. smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tyCXYibZE
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 12 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sad story, and I know he is not the writer on this one, but it's one of my fav's by him. Brad and Allison Krauss really clicked in this one imo.. smile.gif

That is a great piece of music,thanks for post Sken. smile.gif
skennington
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 12 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a great piece of music,thanks for post Sken. smile.gif

Your welcome Muris smile.gif He has some great ones!!!
mjsteps
I got to see him last year and the guy can flat out pick, has a great sense of humor and put on a pretty good show. However I must say I also saw Keith urban about a week later and I must say that guy can flat out play and as far as I am concerned Urbans guitar playing, writing and singing out did pasialy only because Brads music has a tendecy to all sound the same especially with the guitars, perhaps just my prefrence.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 12 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really enjoyed this..... I'm Writing a lyric wink.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (mjsteps @ Nov 12 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got to see him last year and the guy can flat out pick, has a great sense of humor and put on a pretty good show. However I must say I also saw Keith urban about a week later and I must say that guy can flat out play and as far as I am concerned Urbans guitar playing, writing and singing out did pasialy only because Brads music has a tendecy to all sound the same especially with the guitars, perhaps just my prefrence.

Yeah,live show is probably something else,
I was thinking of albums tho. smile.gif
mjsteps
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 12 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah,live show is probably something else,
I was thinking of albums tho. smile.gif

I was not talking about the "show" per se but his music and his riffs have a tendency to sound the same. Many say that he is the "most talented" country muscian ever.

berko
Thanks guys for this thread. i've never heard of this guy before but now I checked him out and then I said to myself: WHAT THE... <moderators would immediately delete the phrase I would have written here>.

Great songwriting and extreme technique. I'm really digging fusion, country, blues etc. guitarists and I'm amazed how many great players there are...

... but I'm even more amazed how come I didn't noticed them before. dry.gif mellow.gif That's why I love GMC forum: lots of cool bands and guitarist mentioned!

thanx again cool.gif smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (mjsteps @ Nov 12 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was not talking about the "show" per se but his music and his riffs have a tendency to sound the same. Many say that he is the "most talented" country muscian ever.

Well that's probably true about country,
many songs might sounds pretty similar to someone,
at least the vibe,which is personal tho. smile.gif
skennington
Hey Muris,

Since we are on the subject of country, take a listen to Tracy Lawrence. Not the best guitar player but an awesome song writer as well. This tune is called "Time Marches On", an older one of his but one of my favorites smile.gif . Just listen to the words, so true in many families..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DffS4szr1cw

sorry, just can't seem to get the youtube embedded feature to work laugh.gif
UncleSkillet
Hi Muris,

I really like Brad but I thought I would also share this.

If your looking for chicken picken this guy is one of the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNcby_27K_o

Muris Varajic
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Nov 13 2008, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Muris,

I really like Brad but I thought I would also share this.

If your looking for chicken picken this guy is one of the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNcby_27K_o

Vince Gill and Albert Lee,true masters of chicken,do doubt there!
Actually,Brad has a tune of his new album called Cluster Pluck,
kind of tribute to all those great chicken players. smile.gif

QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 13 2008, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Muris,

Since we are on the subject of country, take a listen to Tracy Lawrence. Not the best guitar player but an awesome song writer as well. This tune is called "Time Marches On", an older one of his but one of my favorites smile.gif . Just listen to the words, so true in many families..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DffS4szr1cw

sorry, just can't seem to get the youtube embedded feature to work laugh.gif

Ahh,good old Tracy,yeah. biggrin.gif
FrankW
Brad can PLAY! He is also a gearhead. He is a tone chaser who plays through killer amps like Dr Zs and Trainwrecks, which are considered by many to be 'holy grail'-type amps. The guy sure knows what he's doing. smile.gif
Bondy
Grab a few good buddy's and start a band, start a band.(pause)START A BAND yeh haw I like BP
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Bondy @ Nov 16 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Grab a few good buddy's and start a band, start a band.(pause)START A BAND yeh haw I like BP

Yeah,that's the one with Keith. smile.gif

And beginning is just awesome,
when Keith loses the picks inside of his acoustic. laugh.gif
Bondy
Lol I have done that a few times in the past laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Bondy @ Nov 16 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol I have done that a few times in the past laugh.gif

Who didn't rolleyes.gif
Fretburns
Hi Muris...i love brads playing skills and singin song writing...i like MUNSTER RAG...EXCELLENT!!! i also love Albert Lee...he,s played near me loads of times,ive got photos with him...he,s a real nice guy!! also he does,nt warm up before he goes on stage,then launches into them country boy style riffs!!
i just love all guitar styles rolleyes.gif ohmy.gif
Daniel Robinson
I love Brad Paisley, his playing and composing skills are so awesome. I love country music as a whole but i can't play it worth a crap so i stick to what i know.

Andy Timmons is pretty awesome at it too...check this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVMaM9ecUI

This is why i love Andy so much, he can do it all.

Daniel
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Fretburns @ Dec 2 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Muris...i love brads playing skills and singin song writing...i like MUNSTER RAG...EXCELLENT!!! i also love Albert Lee...he,s played near me loads of times,ive got photos with him...he,s a real nice guy!! also he does,nt warm up before he goes on stage,then launches into them country boy style riffs!!
i just love all guitar styles rolleyes.gif ohmy.gif

Albert Lee is one of Brad's main influences,hat down. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.