Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time To Introduce Myself Perhaps
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
Wilska
Hello everyone,
My name is Mats and i'm from Sweden.
I've actually been a member on GuitarMasterClass for hmmm.. two years maybe? I found this site a while after I bought a couple of lessons from Kris before he started GMC actually =)
But I haven't really been using the forums or commenting very much.
I've played guitar for about 8 years, but I haven't been playing all that time. I've had long periods when I haven't played much at all.
But now i'm more focused then ever and am trying to get somewhere with my playing so i've been playing lots and are playing with another guitarist and a drummer once a week at the moment.
I don't really know why I am writing here now, but I guess I feel like I will be needing some support and feedback when I try to improve my playing.

I have the problem where i'm not very consistent in my playing. I can play some stuff extremely good, and some things very very poorly. I've always been interested in soloing and that's what got me started playing the guitar, but as I learned 4-5 years after I started playing, that was the wrong place to start =) So my rhythm-playing has suffered very much and that in turn has kept my soloing skills from developing further. I'm working on fixing those problems and this site has been a very good help pushing me to practice and practice!

so hello everyone, and thanks for this great community which I hope I will be a bigger part of in due time.

/Mats
Fran
It's a good thing you decide to write on the forums Mats, so welcome aboard!, the bigger the community, the better smile.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Wilska @ Nov 17 2008, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,
I've actually been a member on GuitarMasterClass for hmmm.. two years maybe? I found this site a while after I bought a couple of lessons from Kris before he started GMC actually =)
I've played guitar for about 8 years, but I haven't been playing all that time. I've had long periods when I haven't played much at all.
But now i'm more focused then ever and am trying to get somewhere with my playing so i've been playing lots and are playing with another guitarist and a drummer once a week at the moment.
I don't really know why I am writing here now, but I guess I feel like I will be needing some support and feedback when I try to improve my playing.

I have the problem where i'm not very consistent in my playing. I can play some stuff extremely good, and some things very very poorly. I've always been interested in soloing and that's what got me started playing the guitar, but as I learned 4-5 years after I started playing, that was the wrong place to start =) So my rhythm-playing has suffered very much and that in turn has kept my soloing skills from developing further. I'm working on fixing those problems and this site has been a very good help pushing me to practice and practice!

so hello everyone, and thanks for this great community which I hope I will be a bigger part of in due time.

/Mats

The bolded parts sound exactly like me. Hope to see you develop in the right way on your guitar journey - hopefully that can inspire me to do the same.

Welcome to GMC, Mats! smile.gif
Chris Evans
Hi Mats, welcome to the forums! smile.gif
Tolek
Welcome, we are glad to have you here. smile.gif
Lian Gerbino
welcome man! glad you are in the forums now. ask whatever you need, see you around wink.gif
skennington
Welcome to the Forum Mats, glad to have you here man smile.gif I think allot can be learned here as well interacting with the other members. Keep pushing yourself man and it will come. We all have different ways of learning so just a matter of finding what works for you. smile.gif Good luck and hope to see you around more often.
Jerry Arcidiacono
Welcome to GMC Mats smile.gif
Jad Diab
Glad to see you finally find your way in the forum after 2 years tongue.gif !! You can have all the support you need here !! If you need anythink just ask wink.gif
See ya in the forum !!

Cheers,
Hisham Al-Sanea
welcome to the site
Pedja Simovic
Welcome to GMC and forums Mats smile.gif
Sounds like you need to sit down and practice some rhythm playing. Let me know if you need any help.
Bogdan Radovic
Hello Mats! Great to finally have you here in the forum!! smile.gif

Cheers
Trond Vold
Welcome! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Don't worry mate, just work more on chords and rhythm and you'll be banging in no time! Thanks for your welcome post, keep rockin smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Welcome to the forum Mats. smile.gif
Emir Hot
Welcome Mats
Dejan Farkas
Welcome to the forum smile.gif
Vinod Saranga
Hello Mats 

Welcome to the community.  biggrin.gif

MickeM
Hej Mats! smile.gif
mjsteps
Mats

Welcome and you will find valuable information, feedback, advice, help and what ever else you are looking for by using the forum. I am somewhat of a new user but found the forum to be very useful as you will always find quick replies either by the members or the instructors ,which leads me to believe that no one sleeps. biggrin.gif
OrganisedConfusion
Glad you introduced yourself here. smile.gif Welcome to the forums Mats smile.gif
kjutte
QUOTE (Wilska @ Nov 17 2008, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,

/Mats

Welcome. The forums are prolly be biggest perks of GMC in my opinion smile.gif
Jose Mena
Welcome to the forums, practicing the lessons is great, but it is also great to share experiences and ask questions in the forums, you will benefit from this too, sometimes answers are right there in front of your eyes and simply you do not see them because you are focusing on something else. Then an instructor or another student (even a beginner) could point out something you didn't see. I've been playing for 16 years, and happens to me a lot.

So welcome man, rock on
Gerardo Siere
Welcome to the forum! I think you may find useful to check Joe Kataldo's vids on rythm guitar.
Nemanja Filipovic
Wecome to GMC mate.smile.gif
Wilska
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it. I think I will feel at home in this community.
Ian Bushell
Welcome Mats!

Took time for an introduction, but that was really great!
Keep on rocking:)
Joe Kataldo
Welcome to GMC Mats
Velvet Roger
Welcome to GMC mate smile.gif
tommyboy
QUOTE (Wilska @ Nov 17 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,
I found this site a while after I bought a couple of lessons from Kris before he started GMC actually =)

/Mats

Freelicks? That's how I found this site. See you at the forums.

tommyboy
Canis
Never too late to say hello =)

Welcome Mats ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.