Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello !
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
unmarshal'
Hi All!

My name is Marshall, I'm 25 and from San Francisco, California. I've been playing guitar for a long time but I plateaued in high school and haven't progressed much since then. For the past 3 years I have been mainly playing acoustic fingerstyle guitar because it is both technical and challenging. The problem though is that I do not listen to that type of music in my day to day so I was very prone to burnouts fairly often. I don't jump in my car ready to listen to the soothing sounds of John Fahey, hehe. Basically, I want to ROCK.

I've made a decision to start playing metal and my first step was to purchase a metal axe. Attached is a photo of a guitar I received today: A Schecter Hellraiser C1 w/ Floyd Rose. I can't describe in words how excited I am right now to get home and plug it in (to my podxt and headphones hehe). Living in an apartment in SF means you cannot have an amplifier in the house.

I am putting myself on a one year plan, with GMC as the centerpiece. My focus is going to be on theory and technique and practice practice practice with a metronome metronome metronome. From initial browsing from a stylistic and skill perspective I am going to start on Lian's lessons. I will be recording my progress and I am excited to see where I am on November 18, 2009.

In terms of musical taste, I do listen to a lot of different genres but the unifying factor is that everything I listen to is genuinely good music by genuinely good musicians. From artists such as Sam Cooke, Roy Orbison and Stevie Wonder to Necrophagist, My Bloody Valentine and Shudder to Think, I can sincerely say that I love music of all types. My inspiration as a guitarist includes Muhammed Suicmez, Johnny Mar of the Smiths and Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac.

I am very happy to be apart of this community. After checking out multiple guitar sites on the internet, I can say that GMC unequivocally contains the most polite, mature and skilled guitarists on the internet. I look forward to my interactions with you all in the future.

The picture is crappy, but alas I am proud.
Ivan Milenkovic
Hey man, glad you joined, have fun on GMC smile.gif
Lian Gerbino
awesome axe man! welcome to the site! it´s an honour for me that you start with some lessons of mine. so, ask whatever you need.
see you around. wink.gif
skennington
Hi Marshall, welcome to GMC smile.gif You will definitely be re-energized by this great site. Soon you will find that GMC is more of a way of life and will become addicted. If by judging from your photo, you are at work, you will be caught browsing this site many times.. tongue.gif

Welcome again man and enjoy, lot's of talent here. smile.gif
Vinod Saranga
Hello Marshal welcome to the GMC smile.gif

Nice introduction of you there smile.gif

Ian Bushell
Welcome to GMC!

Awesome axe bro!
There's so much on this site, i'm sure you'll find enough to satisfy your different musical tastes:)
Emir Hot
Welcome to GMC. Really nice guitar
Dejan Farkas
Welcome to GMC Marshall smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Good looking guitar you've got Marshall,
welcome to GMC. smile.gif
superize
Welcome to the site
Chris Evans
Nice guitar Marshall!, welcome to GMC! smile.gif
berko
It's awesome to have you around! And a cool axe u have there... cool.gif
kaznie_NL
Welcome man! I already posted something 'bout your guitar in the other thread wink.gif I'll cya around on the forums!
Velvet Roger
Welcome to GMC mate smile.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
welcome to the site
Trond Vold
Welcome to GMC! biggrin.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
Welcome to the site,great introduction by the way,I am sure you will feel the progress in your playing soon.smile.gif
audiopaal
Nice guitar smile.gif

Welcome to GMC smile.gif
Canis
Welcome to GMC =)

I love Schecter! I wish you many happy years with your new darling biggrin.gif
Jose Mena
Welcome man
Joe Kataldo
Welcome to GMC!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.