Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh My God!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Storm Linnebjerg
I logged on to Ebay, searched for basses from the same company my guitar is from, and found one... and 2 mins later I bought it! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

I've never been that impulsive in my life. It is a 6 string, with an ugly head. But that doesn't matter. I've always wanted a bass, and now I've (soon) got one! laugh.gif

And the not so pretty head:

Ian Bushell
Cool!

Six strings? You'll feel right at home...well almost;)
Tolek
Wow, I want one, too! Congratulations! biggrin.gif

BTW, the head isn´t really bad looking. smile.gif
berko
Massive looking...

now you've got another "gadget" to fiddle around with tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
Yeah. I am very excited! Will probably be 14 days or so before I recieve it though.
Matt23
Nice bass. I want one. smile.gif What makes is it?

Also on a 6 string bass what pitch is the sixth string? Are the strings B E A D G B?
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Nov 26 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice bass. I want one. smile.gif What makes is it?

Also on a 6 string bass what pitch is the sixth string? Are the strings B E A D G B?

I am pretty sure it's BEADGC... not too sure though.

It's some german company I think it is.

Heke-Vertrieb...

http://www.guitar-bass-shop.de/hp/impr.html
Gerardo Siere
Congratulations on your new bass, I have a little 5 stringed one I my ear just can´t identify the pitch of the open 5th string. biggrin.gif
botoxfox
Happy NBD. And yeah, it's nice to have a bass, although shredding on the lower frets is a bit tricky.
Fran
It looks very much like your guitar!, nice, and the headstock is not ugly!

6-string bass must be hard to master though, congrats on your new toy wink.gif
ZakkWylde
How much did you PAY!!!?!
Storm Linnebjerg
Just a few random facts:

Hardware: Gold
Conntrols: Volume, Balance, Bass, Middle, Treble
Neck through
Kent Armstrong pick ups
Active/passive switch

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 26 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much did you PAY!!!?!

It was a cheap one. It has some minor scratches and one of the battery-holders is held by tape cool.gif 334 euros...
Canis
Congratulations biggrin.gif
Now you only need some digital precussion thingie, and you can record your own songs with quality biggrin.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Canis @ Nov 26 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations biggrin.gif
Now you only need some digital precussion thingie, and you can record your own songs with quality biggrin.gif

Or I could just install my EZdrummer and Drumkit from Hell again and get back in the game of working with that. I put it aside some time back, as I didn't feel like I had time for it. After reinstalling everything on my computer I never got as far as to that.

Besides that I also have my keyboard/digital piano. So I could in theory start working a bit more on such things.
sigma7
congratulations bro, now u have 2 instruments to be awesome at!
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Nov 26 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congratulations bro, now u have 2 instruments to be awesome at!

I actually have a piano too - so make that three - which I can work towards being awesome at.
Hisham Al-Sanea
congrats mate nice gear
Storm Linnebjerg
By the way, Bogdan... Do you have any experience with Kent Armstrong bass pick ups?
Bogdan Radovic
Congratulations man on your purchase! Its great you are starting to play bass! That one looks really good (seems like it has a nice action too)..6 string is a monster smile.gif Hope you'll get it fast - to start grooving! smile.gif

Storm Linnebjerg
I actually played some bass in music classes back in elementary school. I suddenly got an urge to play bass again some years ago.
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 26 2008, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually played some bass in music classes back in elementary school. I suddenly got an urge to play bass again some years ago.

That's great ! Maybe you'll switch back to it ?! smile.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
Naeh. I won't. I just want to have a bit of both.
Ivan Milenkovic
Wow, that's a great bass guitar mate - I wouldn't mind owning one as well smile.gif Congratulations, may it serve you well. smile.gif
coffeeman
Cogratulations man thats a beautiful bass!
Déjà vu
Way to go! I support your impulse buy... My guitar called a "Heartfield Talon". I went to a guitar show, never heard of the brand, but I bought it. I think impulsive desisions can be the best.

It looks beautiful, you have nice taste in an instrument wink.gif. I hope you enjoy it!
Skalde
Such a coincidence!
'HeKe-Vertrieb
Lange Str. 37
31675 Bückeburg
Deutschland'

I live in Bückeburg, it's just a small town. I come across their office every day. It's just 1minute from my home biggrin.gif
Joe Kataldo
Great instrument man, I play bass too, for guitar player, that wanna enjoy some bass isn't too difficult to switch, specially on five and six strings, where the string space is closer then regular bass, helping left hand "feel home"
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Skalde @ Nov 27 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Such a coincidence!
'HeKe-Vertrieb
Lange Str. 37
31675 Bückeburg
Deutschland'

I live in Bückeburg, it's just a small town. I come across their office every day. It's just 1minute from my home biggrin.gif

Cool! What does it look like? Does it seem proper? Can you take a picture for me one day!? biggrin.gif
Marc_Maiden
hey bro, nice bass, even nicer guitar! how does it play? i remember seeing them on ebay...is that where you got yours?

if still have it, can you link me to the sellers page? im going to be in the market for a new guitar soon, and im doing some research and i remember seeing those and falling in love with the look

thanks bro! and congrats on the matching bass!
kaznie_NL
Looks Exactly like your guitar, so both look cool wink.gif
Gilmore
Beautiful bass, and the headstock looks good to me. I bought a bass few months ago "only" 4 strings, but it really comes in handy when recording. Congratulations on your bass. smile.gif

Vinod Saranga
Congratulations mate that's six string bass is very cool!!  biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.