Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Album Of The Year
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Pages: 1, 2
Fsgdjv
I can't belive I forgot to mention Esoteric - The Maniacal Vale

It's definetly up there with eternal kingdom, watershed and night eternal.
Skatastic
I like a lot of the albums above, particularly black ice, but i'm going to have to go for something like avenged sevenfold

simply because i admire the way they've advanced their style, and of course the masterpiece of ' a little piece of

heaven'. i havn't actually listened to trivium before ohmy.gif , but it looks like it might be worth a listen and my friends are

always going on about them.

I completely forgot about slipknot, ohmy.gif , but that album is brilliant
Alex Lewis
Favourites this year:-

Testament- formation of Damnation
Ac/dc- black ice
Gojira- The way of the flesh
Death Angel- Killing Season
Unearth- The March

I also thought death Magnetic was horrible but it was trumped for worst album by gnr chinese democracy ( i cant believe it took axl 14 years and 4 guitar players to release such a trainwreck)
Fsgdjv
I liked some solos on Chinese Democracy, can't say it was that bad. And calling Death Magnetic worst album of the year is kind of weird, it's bad for being metallica since it's just standard rock/metal or whatever, but it was far from as horrible as St. Anger.
Emir Hot
I would say David Gilmour - Live in Gdansk

QUOTE (berko @ Dec 14 2008, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2.) I forgot to mention the kick-ass album of our very own Emir Hot: Sevdah Metal biggrin.gif

From the latter one the tracks You and Sevdah Metal Rhapsody are both worth to check out cool.gif

cheers for this one bro smile.gif
RIP Dime
The Ocean's new album, Fortress by Protest the Hero, but my favorite has gotto be Traced in Air by Cynic, that album does great things for me.
Iron King
hmmm,
This is a tough one. I spent most the year exploring some older music as well as some local bands so I haven't really seen a good portion of new albums.

That being said, some albums I really like that came out last year are:

- Bonded by Blood - Feed the Beast
- Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
- Testament - Formation of Damnation

My favorite is:

Earache Records - Thrashing like a Maniac (but that's a compilation so it doesn't really count)
Toni Suominen
Opeth - Watershed for sure smile.gif
Mandos
Top albums 2008:
Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
Opeth - Watershed
Sabaton - The Art of War
Scar Symmetry - Holgraphic in Design
Ayreon - 01011001
Poets of the Fall - Revolution Roulette

Biggest disapointment award goes to:
In Flames - A Sense of Purpose

A very bland and boring album without any of the ingredients that made all the other albums awesome.
erik
For me it's Gojira - The Way of All Flesh!

I also bought Children of Bodom's Blooddrunk and In Flames' A Sense of Purpose. They were ok I guess, but they didn't really catch my attention. I just listened to them for a couple of weeks after they came out, but then I got tired of them.

Now I'm waiting for Lamb of God's new album Wrath! Hopefully it will be one of my favorites of 2009
g-forcelover
Five Finger Death Punch: The Way of the Fist. Amazing! I got to see them, they are now one of my favorite bands. And theirs songs have so much meaning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.