Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check Out The New Gmc Journal Portal
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Wiki Writers
Fran
Hi there!

The GMC Journal is rolling and a new portal is ready for it to be enjoyed by everyone! Check it out!

The GMC Journal

Big thanks to Bondy for designing the header and some other goodies that will see the light soon smile.gif

As you can see, this has just begun, so expect more news to be added frequently. And remember: you guys can write your articles and they'll be featured there too!, just share your articles with us and I'll have them updated on the Journal and even at the wiki Frontpage.

Hope you like it smile.gif

Bondy
Looking good Fran you have done an AWESOME job there, hope to help you make it look even cooler in the future cool.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif
skennington
Nice job guys! smile.gif
Praetorian
Wow! Great job guys...that looks amazing!
Darfuria
Nice job, but the logo is hideous =/
AlexLion
You`ve done great job! Looks very entertaining.
Nah, logo is just a bit compressed not hideous, Imho. Need to be higher
Kristofer Dahl
Love this portal - it's beautiful from beginning to end! biggrin.gif (and I am not just saying that because my picture is there laugh.gif )
Bogdan Radovic
This looks great ! Loved the content! smile.gif
Bondy
Actually after going over this a while and reading your comments I to think the logo needs more work, and have reworked it if Fran likes it and puts it in you will see it soon thanks for the feedback good and bad biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
That looks awesome and really professional! Well done guys! smile.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
very nice fran you do a good job
Fran
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 11 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually after going over this a while and reading your comments I to think the logo needs more work, and have reworked it if Fran likes it and puts it in you will see it soon thanks for the feedback good and bad biggrin.gif

Just received new version, I'll upload it and you guys can choose which one you like better. Both look cool to me!
Thanks again Bondy smile.gif
jdriver
I don't understand where we are to put the articles we write. Are we supposed to use a Wiki template? Do we still have to start a thread in the forum for discussion of what we've written about?
AlexLion
Wow, this time logo is very cool! Bondy you`re the man! cool.gif
Canis
Awesome!
'Nuff said tongue.gif
Lian Gerbino
wow guys wink.gif that´s a great job! the head banner is pretty cool Bondy, congrats!
Fran
QUOTE (jdriver @ Dec 12 2008, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand where we are to put the articles we write. Are we supposed to use a Wiki template? Do we still have to start a thread in the forum for discussion of what we've written about?

Hi Jdriver smile.gif

There's some info here:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=22173

Check the "How does it work?" section. It's really simple!, just write your article named as "Journal yyyy-mm-dd Article Title" under GMC category. (yyyy-mm-dd is the date). There's no template as some news might differ much from others, just write the headline, some content, and add pics and links as needed. Simple as that. I will have it featured on the Journal mainpage and if it's really good even on the Wiki Frontpage.

Truth is even if you don't add the category, or date, or name it wrong, I'll see it and sort it out, so there's no way to make it wrong smile.gif

And yeah, you can make an announcement of your new article if you wish, like with any other new entry.
Storm Linnebjerg
Very nice job! It's looking good and the content is nice. Maybe a slightly improved logo will give the final touch to it.

Is the link going to be anywhere in the menu on the top?
Fran
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 12 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the link going to be anywhere in the menu on the top?

It's there as GMC Journal portal.
Edit: Actually it is now, it wasn't before tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.