Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
Davie
I'm David, from Sweden. I've been a member at GMC for a while now and learned very mutch here, so I decided to join the community smile.gif. I been playing music since I can remember, originally the piano, but somwhere around 13 I wanted to be a rockstar, so I needed to be able to play an electric guitar. tongue.gif

Nowadays I just love to play music and jam with my friends, explore different music styles and record music. I'm in two bands, one coverband and one progressive where we try to make own music. I play mainly a Gibson Les Paul Standard Silverburst on a Vox AC15 but I also have an Aria Pro and a Marshall wich I rarely use.

I like almost every kind of music genres besides metal and hip hop, don't know why, just have'nt got the ears for it.

I think that is all I can think of for now, it is very nice to be here and I hope I can learn and share many things on this forum. smile.gif

//David
Ivan Milenkovic
Welcome to GMC David smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Welcome to the site , have fun learning !! smile.gif
skennington
Welcome David. You will come to like metal being here I believe.. wink.gif
Muris Varajic
Welcome to GMC. smile.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
welcome to the site David
Pedja Simovic
Welcome to GMC David
Great from you to join the community smile.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
Welcomre to GMC mate.smile.gif
Chokehold
Welcome to GMC smile.gif i don't get how you can't like Metal mellow.gif
Lian Gerbino
welcome to the site wink.gif
Trond Vold
Welcome to GMC! biggrin.gif
opeth.db
NO METAL? Just go away now!! smile.gif

Just kidding man..welcome to GMC smile.gif
TreyDeschamp
Welcome to GMC great to have you here biggrin.gif
Dejan Farkas
Welcome to GMC smile.gif
Velvet Roger
Welcome to GMC mate smile.gif
Chris Evans
Hi David, Welcome to GMC! smile.gif
Jerry Arcidiacono
Welcome to GMC David smile.gif
Davie
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! smile.gif
Yeah it's sad about the metal, I hope I eventually can enjoy it as any other music style. I like Tool very mutch but I'm not really sure if that could be classed as metal? I haven't listened very mutch to metal because I always have felt uncomfortable with most metal bands. Maybe you people have got any recommendations? smile.gif
berko
QUOTE (Davie @ Dec 22 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! smile.gif
Yeah it's sad about the metal, I hope I eventually can enjoy it as any other music style. I like Tool very mutch but I'm not really sure if that could be classed as metal? I haven't listened very mutch to metal because I always have felt uncomfortable with most metal bands. Maybe you people have got any recommendations? smile.gif

Hi, welcome on the forums!

Tool can be considered as progressive metal, since the odd time bass and drum work, as well as the guitar riffs, are really performing in the metal genre. If you like this stuff, I would also recommend Dream Theater (Systematic Chaos, Scenes From a Memory, Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence), Cynic (Traced In Air - metal mixed with a little fusion) and some later albums of Opeth (Ghost Reveries, Watershed).

Have even more fun on GMC smile.gif
Ian Bushell
Welcome to GMC!
enforcer
Wilkommen Bienvenue Welcome to GMC a GMC to GMC!!! lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.