Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camcorder
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
beebo
Hey i have a question can i take a camcorder and record myself playing then upload it to GMC? if yes could i have some further instructions? ...oh and please elaborate i aint the shiniest penny in the bank~ tongue.gif
besip
QUOTE (beebo @ Dec 27 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey i have a question can i take a camcorder and record myself playing then upload it to GMC? if yes could i have some further instructions? ...oh and please elaborate i aint the shiniest penny in the bank~ tongue.gif

sure you can!!!!! so what else you need to know rolleyes.gif
Velvet Roger
If you would like to record video's on a budget, I would suggest to go for a Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 (€ 80) or Quickcam Sphere AF (€100).

If you have more money to spend, you can go for a DV camcorder (€ 200 - 300 or so

I got myself a Sphere today, and I certainly like it more than my photocamera which I used until now for shooting some video. Probably going for a camcorder in the future (when the ship of money arrives again smile.gif).
beebo
i have a small camcorder im just wondering if theres any certain special wires or chords i need for the computer?
Velvet Roger
Does your camcorder have a DV out connection (firewire preferably)? If so, you can connect it with an IEEE1394 firewire cable to your PC to either capture video directly or load in from your camcorders tape to the PC.

USB cable is also possible for loading to PC (however direct streaming would probably be laggy).
kahall
QUOTE (beebo @ Dec 27 2008, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a small camcorder im just wondering if theres any certain special wires or chords i need for the computer?

It depends on which camcorder you have. I have an older one which requires a converter type piece of hardware for me to be able to get the video on the PC. Which one do you have?
Bogdan Radovic
Which camcorder do you have exactly ?? They feature most often a firewire connection (and you will need a firewire interface on your pc)...Than you can start a video capture software and transfer the footage from camera (press record on PC and play on camcorder)..Same thing goes with usb connection (I think , haven't used that option myself)..Also if your camcorder is older you may don't have that firewire connection so the procedure is a little more advanced...Which one you have ?
beebo
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 27 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which camcorder do you have exactly ?? They feature most often a firewire connection (and you will need a firewire interface on your pc)...Than you can start a video capture software and transfer the footage from camera (press record on PC and play on camcorder)..Same thing goes with usb connection (I think , haven't used that option myself)..Also if your camcorder is older you may don't have that firewire connection so the procedure is a little more advanced...Which one you have ?

ummm im really dumb with this stuff and where to get it lol but i can tell u this it says [Model 305V] and DXG
also on the front it says [3.0 Megpixel]

yea thats all i know lol its a digital video camera....does this help ...at all? huh.gif
Xuestor
QUOTE (beebo @ Dec 28 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ummm im really dumb with this stuff and where to get it lol but i can tell u this it says [Model 305V] and DXG
also on the front it says [3.0 Megpixel]

yea thats all i know lol its a digital video camera....does this help ...at all? huh.gif

Hey, Don't you have the manual for it? I'm sure it explains everything in there.
Velvet Roger
You're camcorder is equiped with an USB 1.1 connection for PC use, it appears not to have any firewire connections. According to the manual (http://www.dxgusa.com/Support/Manuals/English/dxg305v_eng_v4.pdf), it is possible to set it up as a webcam (see page 46 - 47).

I would try this out first and see whether it gives OK results, if not you can record on the SD card and then transfer the videos via the USB to your PC.
Ivan Milenkovic
What kind of Camera do you have. What brand and what model?
beebo
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Dec 28 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're camcorder is equiped with an USB 1.1 connection for PC use, it appears not to have any firewire connections. According to the manual (http://www.dxgusa.com/Support/Manuals/English/dxg305v_eng_v4.pdf), it is possible to set it up as a webcam (see page 46 - 47).

I would try this out first and see whether it gives OK results, if not you can record on the SD card and then transfer the videos via the USB to your PC.

.......ummmm mellow.gif ... huh.gif what!?

and the manual was lost like the first day my mom got it tongue.gif

QUOTE (beebo @ Dec 29 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.......ummmm mellow.gif ... huh.gif what!?

and the manual was lost like the first day my mom got it tongue.gif

its not old at all either
Velvet Roger
Did you take a look in the manual which I linked in the previous post ( http://www.dxgusa.com/Support/Manuals/Engl...305v_eng_v4.pdf ) ? In the manual the process is actually quite well explained.

Let me now if you need more info (which part do you understand, and which not), and I will try to explain in more detail smile.gif

@Ivan: Model is a DXG 305 smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Check out the manual Velvet Roger posted (great find man!!)...It seems that you can record on your Camera's internal memory (I guess it uses SD card) and then connect it via usb to PC and transfer the file...When you connect it it should show up in "My computer" as "Removable Device" or something similar..Browse that drive and find your video file there..
After that you can upload a file to youtube.com and link it here in the forum using "embed" code you get there.
Zynex
Also keep in mind that after recording you will probably need to compress the video. If you don't compress it, the file itself will be pretty big in size. You should be able to do this with windows moviemaker, wich comes free with windows. Dunno about macintosh tho.
Ivan Milenkovic
OK, it seems that your camcoder is recording to internal SD memory card. You should record one test video to see how it works. You can use Windows Movie Maker that comes free with WIndows, or free program called Virtual Dub to edit the video.

When you get a test video done, you can use free converter to flv called Moyea Video4Web Converter. Then upload to YouTube, and you will have embed link when you upload it. Just paste that embed link here in your post and it will show up on the forum as embedded YT video.

Then we can start commenting your video and give you some advises on how to improve quality if you want mate.

Cheers smile.gif
beebo
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 29 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, it seems that your camcoder is recording to internal SD memory card. You should record one test video to see how it works. You can use Windows Movie Maker that comes free with WIndows, or free program called Virtual Dub to edit the video.

When you get a test video done, you can use free converter to flv called Moyea Video4Web Converter. Then upload to YouTube, and you will have embed link when you upload it. Just paste that embed link here in your post and it will show up on the forum as embedded YT video.

Then we can start commenting your video and give you some advises on how to improve quality if you want mate.

Cheers smile.gif

ok guys soon enough ill try that but for now i just had surgery...i wont get into it but something painful lol hope to talk to u guys soonill be off for a while
maybe...
beebo

Cheers smile.gif
[/quote]
Yes i hope they turn out good though! lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.