Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is The Best Video Game You Have Ever Played?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > Electronic Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2
TreyDeschamp
The title sorta sums it up..... mine will have to be Quantum of Solice, F.E.A.R or Silent Hill
Ivan Milenkovic
Warcraft Frozen Throne was THE best game I ever played, but I think there are a lot more games that I really really liked smile.gif
ParalyzedHorse
Warcraft frozen throne!
bladzerok
super smash bros FTW!!! i love simple games laugh.gif
enforcer
Fallout 2 and the Halflife series.
Zephyr
The Legend of Dragoon, for the Playstation.
jer
Might & Magic for the C64
Fran
Asheron's Call is by far the best game I ever played, and possibly that I will ever play! Was so amazing...
opeth.db
Resident Evil 4
Trond Vold
Quake 1! smile.gif I cant count how many hours i put into QuakeWorld.
Guitarman700
Elder scrolls 4 oblivion. about 1200 hours and counting.
UncleSkillet
I really enjoyed Max Payne. One of the few games I played to the end
wrk
I don't really play anymore, but the last years i loved the GTA series ..

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Dec 30 2008, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile.gif .. same here, Quake 1 brings back memories .. laugh.gif

superize
NHL 09 xbox 360
timono
I really liked the Need for speed series, besides pro street, hated that one. I also like the Call of duty series and Halo smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Warcraft Frozen Throne no doubt
Martin la guitarra
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 30 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Warcraft Frozen Throne no doubt

One of the best games ever
Ctodd
Final fantasy series, in particular

Final fantasy's 7-10

Final Fantasy Tactics

Legend of Dragoon

chrono trigger

Chrono Cross

Resident Evil series

Halo series

Kingdom hearts series

Gran Turismo Series

Grand Theft Auto

Metal Gear Solid Series

Civilization 4

Front Mission

Xenosaga Trilogy

.... I play alot of video games, theres probably more but thats all I can think of right now... all these games I love, and I bolded the really good ones

and you may ask yourself "What kind of person plays all these RPG and strategy games, and doesn't play World of Warcraft???"

I have never played World of Warcraft, nor will I, It is a drug far more addictive than cocaine, heroin, crack, and meth combined... and I will have none of it mad.gif ... this is just what I have heard laugh.gif
OrganisedConfusion
Any RPG but number 1 is Final Fantasy Tactics.
Bondy
Goldeneye N64 a first person classic
Bogdan Radovic
I would say Broken Sword 1 and 2, Grim Fandango , Course of the monkey island and Mafia! smile.gif
Ajmurrell
Final Fantasy VII is still the best game I've ever played, don't think it'll ever be beaten!
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 30 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say Broken Sword 1 and 2, Grim Fandango , Course of the monkey island and Mafia! smile.gif

Those are all in my top 10 games also smile.gif
MickeM
When C&C came, that was something extra!

I'm still enjoying this series with the new games coming to XBOX360. One of few games I enjoy.

EDIT: Spent a lot of time with Asteroids on Atari2600 and I really digged Commando on C64 too.
Fsgdjv
Killer 7
Chokehold
the halo trilogy, easy smile.gif
IDontWantMyUsername
Guitar Pro 5 laugh.gif

Ok, if I had to pick one it would be Halo. tongue.gif I haven't played a lot of video games, but I remember that Halo was great fun when I tried it. There was a period of my life where I was addicted to Runescape though tongue.gif
Emir Hot
Flight Simulator X is on non-stop
Outlaw2112
Call of Duty #1 the first call of duty and the best

awesome game, playing in TWL ladders and in cal matches was soo much fun and competitive...
The Uncreator
Final Fantasy series, in particular 5,7,8,9,10,12
Half Life series
Metal Gear Solid Series
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Call Of Duty 4
Everquest
Diablo II
The Legend Of Dragoon
Breath Of Fire IV
Left 4 Dead
Assassin's Creed
Hitman: Blood Money
Freedom Fighters
Fallout series
Dead Space
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Sid Meier's Civilization
Command And Conquer series

But there are so many more smile.gif
Jerry Arcidiacono
The old Monkey Island.
I'm not playing videogames so much currently dry.gif
Berglmir
I really really loved American McGee´s ALICE - weird, dark, just great!!
World of Warcraft was an experience I don´t want to miss.
ATM playing Age of Conan - nice game and great graphics!
sigma7
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, the story and characters are so good, i almost actually cried at the ending
Canis
Hm... Either Legend of Zelda: Ocarnina of Time, Elder Scrolls: Morrowind/Oblivion, or Super Smash Bros =)
Koopid
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Dec 30 2008, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, me too! I played QW competitive on a european level, same with Q3, Q2 suxored smile.gif

Super Mario 64 and Galaxy were great games aswell.

But as a total experience I must say EverQuest. I played early beta so I was the first to find some of the places, it was like entering a completelly different world. WoW as a game was better, but I doubt I will ever find a game to give me the same experience as early EQ.
jer
Flight Simulator X is on non-stop

I wanted that to be awesome. But I could never get it to run right. Even on a NICE machine....

I should just re-install 2004....

eddie!!!!
for wii, i got super smash bros brawl and dance dance revolution for christmas. they are both so sweet.
Barenaked Ninja
Best Game Ever: Chrono Trigger for the SNES
Most Life Wasted: Diablo 2: LOD for the PC
Iluha
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 30 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you on that, the classic point & click games are my favourite <3
Niko Fran
I havent gamed that much for the past year/six months, but I really liked GTA San Andreas, Kingdom Hearts series and Final Fantasy 7+10... I also like those games you cna play if you just got 10 or 20 minutes before something like Counter Strike and Battlefront smile.gif
audiopaal
Final Fantasy I-XII, The Legend Of Dragoon, Dragon Quest VIII etc. biggrin.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (jer @ Dec 31 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanted that to be awesome. But I could never get it to run right. Even on a NICE machine....

I should just re-install 2004....

My one works ok on an average Vista machine. I am flying on internet non-stop. 2004 is also good but doesn't have online playing.
Muris Varajic
Broken Sword, Resident Evil (not the last one), Monkey island,
Max Payne, GTA, Tomb Raider, Commando...have I missed something? laugh.gif
rokchik
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 30 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goldeneye N64 a first person classic

Agree 100% Bondy. I'm not a big gamer but I LOVED Goldeneye. A very very close second for me is Super Mario Brothers smile.gif A true classic... I can still hear the music... do doot do do do doot doot... laugh.gif
Canis
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jan 3 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree 100% Bondy. I'm not a big gamer but I LOVED Goldeneye. A very very close second for me is Super Mario Brothers smile.gif A true classic... I can still hear the music... do doot do do do doot doot... laugh.gif

Oh, I have to add those two for me as well. Don't know if I would be the same man today, without them!

What's creepy, is that I can totally hear the music in my head the way you wrote it laugh.gif
showyourfist
The Thief series!.

A really old game called Master of Magic.

The baldurs gate series, Icewind dale series, Neverwinter Nights games, the Fallout series and of course Planescape Torment.

I loved the game Stronghold, it took an old gem (Castle) and made it even better.

The gothic series.

The entire Civilization series!

Severance Blade of Darkness

and the Half-Life series is pure fun.

Also, the Freespace games are the best space combat sim games I have ever played.

OrganisedConfusion
I forgot about the Baldur's Gate Series. Also a classic smile.gif
Power_Arctica
Oldies Goldies:
Monkey Island, Indiana Jones Series, Another World, Full Throttle... (long live Lucas Arts!!), Commandos, Diablo 1 y 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Baldurs Gate, Worms, Stronghold... and so cool.gif

The New ones:
Assassins Creed, GTA IV, COD 4/5, Titan Quest... and so tongue.gif
rokchik
QUOTE (Canis @ Jan 3 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's creepy, is that I can totally hear the music in my head the way you wrote it laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

that is too funny. It took me forever to figure out how many doots and do's I needed tongue.gif

Not sure if really the best video game, but certainly as old school as you can get, but last night my friend pulled out his old ATARI system woo hoo! River Raid and Enduro Racer are so awesome. I couldn't believe it still worked laugh.gif Video games have come a looooong way from the days of Atari... man I feel old now tongue.gif
Dreamcatcher
Ghost recon was my all time fav...going back a ways I would have to say I rather enjoyed donkey kong island adventure thing...that was a fun game in its day as well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.