Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Do I Go Now
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Kristofer Dahl
haggerplay
Hi Kristofer, Wow I enjoy your since of humor. I bet you are lots of fun to hang with.

Well, I know all my e bar and a bar cords. I know my pentatonic boxes. I am up to
speed and have my timing down pretty well Now what do I do.

How do I link it all together? I have played for years but stayed down on the neck
toward the basic cords.

Can you give me some advice?

Thanks a ton..
Kristofer Dahl
From your description - I would definitely say that the time has come to learn an actual piece of music with these ingredients (barre chords and pentatonic scales etc). You will find tons of lessons/music example at gmc covering this.

This might sound like a simplified answer - but there really isn't a more effective way to link your acquired knowledge together than to apply it in a piece of music.

Be sure to search for music styles which you like - and why not use the advanced search so you can filter out the difficulty levels which suit you? smile.gif
haggerplay
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 19 2009, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From your description - I would definitely say that the time has come to learn an actual piece of music with these ingredients (barre chords and pentatonic scales etc). You will find tons of lessons/music example at gmc covering this.

This might sound like a simplified answer - but there really isn't a more effective way to link your acquired knowledge together than to apply it in a piece of music.

Be sure to search for music styles which you like - and why not use the advanced search so you can filter out the difficulty levels which suit you? smile.gif

Thanks a lot for responding. I really enjoy your vids. You have a good time and I think your since of humor is great.

Keep playing and God Bless

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.