Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New Tune I've Recorded
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Crazyfret
Hiya everyone,

Been recording a little track over the Christmas period and I thought to give it an airing to see what everone thinks.

Been messing around with my new midi controller and broomstick bass to add a bit of depth to the track.

If anyone has any tips or hints to make it sound better just let me know

Cheers
audiopaal
Hey.

Nice and mellow guitarsound you got there smile.gif
The drums were a bit flat, so a compressor could make them more punchy maybe? smile.gif

Overall good sound though smile.gif
Berglmir
I like it very much - if it´s ok for you I´ll use it as a backtrack for some guitar solo excercises! wink.gif
Crazyfret
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Jan 4 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like it very much - if it´s ok for you I´ll use it as a backtrack for some guitar solo excercises! wink.gif

Sure Berglmir use it for practicing, glad you liked it
Ramiro Delforte
Nice ballad!
It's a matter of taste but I'd record the guitar with more mellow and dark sound.
smile.gif
purple hayes
The drums sound a little 'unreal'. Not sure of the right word, but they don't sound natural...maybe too quantized or something. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I think you've got a good base to build something on though.
Ivan Milenkovic
Sounds very cool, the guitar in the intro is very nice and soft. Bass line is solid, and would like to hear only a bit interesting drum groove on this. Try to insert a couple of fills here and there and change groove just a tiny bit from here to here.

It's a great start for a song man, keep it up.
Crazyfret
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 6 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds very cool, the guitar in the intro is very nice and soft. Bass line is solid, and would like to hear only a bit interesting drum groove on this. Try to insert a couple of fills here and there and change groove just a tiny bit from here to here.

It's a great start for a song man, keep it up.

Cheers Ivan thanks for the comments.

You're right about the drums I've just based it on a preset pattern and not added any fills. As you said its a good basis for a song just need to complete it!

utak3r
I like the sound of the guitar just as it is now, it suits the ballad well smile.gif The melody is cool, too. Keep working on it, it could be a really nice thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.