Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our First Song For Our First Cd
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Power_Arctica
Hi there! biggrin.gif
We`re making the pre-records with my band of our songs. In April our first disc should be finished smile.gif
This pre-records are useful to listen to us and change all the things that we want before we make the real record.
The drums were made with Sonar, the bass and the vocals through line in and for the guitars i use the sansamp psa-1 and the effects were add with Sonar.

Well, we are happy with this ballad, this is only the base of the song, now we need to record the guitar arrangements, wanna add some keyboards and well, still practicing and working with it and with all the songs.

Record Its a very nice experience!!! biggrin.gif
Well, hope you like it!!

Iluha
Overall sounds like a cool song, not really my style, but for what it is, it's up to standarts smile.gif
Looking forward to the final recording of the song.
Ajmurrell
Sounds awesome man smile.gif Really enjoyed that. Tastefull chord selection and guitar playing in there, and really great vocals!

For some reason the bass sounded a bit too trebly towards the end, but I am playing on laptop monitors - so could be an issue my end.

The solo was perfect for my taste smile.gif Very melodic and intune with the song smile.gif

QUOTE (Power_Arctica @ Jan 5 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there! biggrin.gif
We`re making the pre-records with my band of our songs. In April our first disc should be finished smile.gif
This pre-records are useful to listen to us and change all the things that we want before we make the real record.
The drums were made with Sonar, the bass and the vocals through line in and for the guitars i use the sansamp psa-1 and the effects were add with Sonar.

Well, we are happy with this ballad, this is only the base of the song, now we need to record the guitar arrangements, wanna add some keyboards and well, still practicing and working with it and with all the songs.

Record Its a very nice experience!!! biggrin.gif
Well, hope you like it!!

The Uncreator
Very cool man, I like this one alot. Singer is great, she has beautiful voice. Mixing is very good for a pre-recording, I like the chord choice in the beginning, And the solo is very tasteful, great choice of notes and good phrasing.

You have to let us hear the final when its done smile.gif
Power_Arctica
QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 5 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Overall sounds like a cool song, not really my style, but for what it is, it's up to standarts smile.gif
Looking forward to the final recording of the song.

Thanks Iluha! Actually it isnt my style...hehe. Most of the songs belong to the singer but i make the guitar stuff. Im trying to start a new band with the style i like (more heavy!!)

QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 5 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds awesome man smile.gif Really enjoyed that. Tastefull chord selection and guitar playing in there, and really great vocals!

For some reason the bass sounded a bit too trebly towards the end, but I am playing on laptop monitors - so could be an issue my end.

The solo was perfect for my taste smile.gif Very melodic and intune with the song smile.gif

Thanks Aj! Glad you like it! Yeah, the bass doesnt sound good cause we recorded the first take. We were hurry hehehe
Thank you again for listen to it!

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 5 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very cool man, I like this one alot. Singer is great, she has beautiful voice. Mixing is very good for a pre-recording, I like the chord choice in the beginning, And the solo is very tasteful, great choice of notes and good phrasing.

You have to let us hear the final when its done smile.gif

Thank you man! Ill post the final record when its done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.