Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Use Epiphone Les Paul?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
crazytrain101
I was looking for some locally used epiphone les pauls and came across somebody selling one for $250. I emailed the guy and find out that the guitar fell and the neck had broke off and had been repaired. With the repaired neck will the guitar's performance go down and should i buy this? I told the guy to send me some pictures of the neck so i could see if there was any apparent damage.
Toroso
I would never trust a guitar with a repaired neck. dry.gif Especially something like this with a set neck. Bolt on would be a different story. Keep looking, try the pawn shops.
jer
I'd be leary of a busted neck guitar as well... Thats like a bent frame on a car.

ZakkWylde
It must have been a extreme pro repair job to make it play and sound like before and such a job would have cost the guy more than the actual Epi Les Paul so I think he wouldn't had done it in the most professional way. It will prolly be a amatuer repair work and therefore I would not buy it for that price since it has a major damage. Get him below 150$ and you can do nothing wrong OR look for another Epiphone
skennington
I would highly suggest you stay away. A repair job on a set neck guitar would have to be near perfect and probably quite expensive. What model Epi LP are you wanting. If you are not looking at an Elitist, I would recommend you take a look at the Agile's. Made in Korea and not China and the reviews are all for Agile against the Epi's.

I have the 2000 model which I think is a fantastic guitar for the money. I does have a Gibson 498t in the bridge which the 2000's come with ceramic p/up's. Once you get into the 2800's and above, they get really sweet! smile.gif

Oh, and did I mention you can pick a 2000 up new for under $200 ohmy.gif Here's a thread where we discussed a bit....Pic's of mine are in there

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...83&hl=Agile
Ivan Milenkovic
I would suggest not to buy it, it's a bad deal. He's definitely charging you a guitar+fix expense, so this is not worth it at all man. Better save the money and be patient, another opportunity will come.
Ramiro Delforte
I agree, it's not a good deal. Breaking the neck it's the worst thing that can happend to the guitar; it's not that couldn't be fixed but it's hard to do it and you don't know if the guitar will sound like before the damage.
I can recommend the clinics of Dan Erlewine, in his videos he explains all the repairs that he performs usually in his shop and if I remember well a broken neck is not one that's on the video. So it must be really hard to solve that problem.
crazytrain101
Thanks everybody. I am not going to buy this but instead a agile al2000 with gold hardware and a floyd rose tremolo system, thanks to skennington biggrin.gif . I can't wait til this guitar is in my hands.
skennington
Great man! I'm sure you will be pleased with it for the money. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.