Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Esp Ltd Ec-1000 Vs Ibanez S470
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
jer
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=516629X

VS

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=519933

Ibanez is $100 less. NOT B-stock. I'm assuming has crappy pickups. Has a trem. (I know the EC-100FR exists)

Both are mahogany bodies with maple tops.

Anyone here played both?
kaznie_NL
Well, for the pickups, I think you're right wink.gif The LTD has EMG pickups, for the good brand you know wink.gif Ibanez doesn't have a brand, so probably not that good. They both look killer. I think the LTD/ESP has a more dark sound, more for hard riffing. Ibanez is often more for solo stuff. Try to get in a store where you can test both!
Marc_Maiden
this is the only time i will say this.

get the LTD

the current S series are a little whack these days....welll....only the non prestige ones....the older S's are amazing and one of the best...but there are a list of flaws with the design of the current S's i could go into, but ill spare you the time so go with the LTD
fatb0t
Strictly speaking from a component quality vantage point, the ESP is miles apart in superiority compared to that Ibanez.

LTD : Tone Pros Bridge, Active EMGs, Quilted Top, inlays, 24 frets - VS. Ibz: no name pick ups, 'zr' trem, 22 frets

The quality difference between these two guitars is massive, yet the price gap isn't. Get the LTD you won't be disappointed man - if you need to save up a bit more I would suggest you do that.
jer
I'm leaning toward the LTD in a big way.

29a
I do have a S470, without the maple top, but I've never played the EC-1000. So I'll just tell you what I like about the S470.

+ It stays in tune like no other guitar I've played (with a tremolo)
+ I love the neck
+ It's light
~ The Pickups are relatively good, I dig the neck pickup, replaced the bridge with a dimarzio evolution (see this blog post about more details).
- It doesn't have much sustain on the high strings

Speaking of the quality, I can only say that I haven't found a single flaw yet. The factory setup was crappy tough.

The S470 is imho a great shred guitar, the ESP seems to be a great choice for riffing and heavy stuff.

- Jonas
Ivan Milenkovic
My voice will go to ESP, but you should definitely check them both out and see what fits you the most. I would go for LTD any time of day.
ZakkWylde
The 1000 series is the highest LTD in terms of quality and comes very close to an ESP standard eclipse. It's heavy like a les paul, sounds like a les paul but is easier to play due to a thinner neck/better cutaway.
jer
ADDED TO CART!

Thanks guys!

Click to view attachment
Toroso
Sweet lookin axe jer. Hope it's as killer as they say.
superize
Nice guitar hope i can owe a esp one day
jer
Sweet lookin axe jer. Hope it's as killer as they say.

Thanks!

I've not heard a guitar with these kind of reviews in the under $1500 range before.

People everywhere sing the praises to this model. And you see a TON of pros playing them. (or the ESP Eclipse model)

Don't see how I can go wrong really.

\m/ \m/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.