Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scales Library
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > GMC site feedback & suggestions
sted
On all the lessons the instructors always put a pictorial of what scales they have derived the lessons from and what key they are in (g minor pentatonic etc) which i find immensely helpful, is there a database or similar we as members can access to "look up" scales etc? i must confess i copy and paste all the scale diagrams into folders for reference later but i end up with only bits of each, i know there is other resources on the web that can give you any scale you need but i beleive that GMC would (as always) do it the best!

Thoughts? smile.gif

i have attached an image of one of my cut and shuts!

Click to view attachment
Daniel Robinson
I don't believe we have anything like that atm, but i am sure Kris is working on something for the future. He always is smile.gif

Until then, this is the resource that i and quite a few others use for quick reference.

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php

It allows you to put in the scale, and the root note etc and it gives you a layout on the neck. It also is a good resource for figuring out chords too, look to the buttons at the top. As well as chord progressions

Daniel
utak3r
hmmmmm......
and here? wink.gif
Sensible Jones
HERE'S one that a few of the Insructors use!
biggrin.gif
Ramiro Delforte
If you want me to post the collection of my scale charts leave me a message in my board and I will smile.gif
Emir Hot
It would be cool if we have a scale database so we just include what we need in a lesson instead of uploading the same thing every time. Something like a simple little picture browser.
utak3r
Just put them in our wiki, I gave a link above....
Pedja Simovic
Great thread !

I have lots of scale and chord diagrams already , I will try to organize them all and upload them here smile.gif
sted
wow guys, amazingly helpful!

much appreciated, i will be scaled to death in no time at all! wink.gif
Vasilije Vukmirovic
I have tons of scales and book with that stuff(never really looked at it), one good book will work, I suggest you to print all that scales to have them handy, if you find some electronic version!
Darfuria
A developer could very easily write a script for this. Would be a nice resource to have on the website, especially if each scale had an example of someone playing it.
29a
QUOTE (Darfuria @ Jan 15 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A developer could very easily write a script for this. Would be a nice resource to have on the website, especially if each scale had an example of someone playing it.
Jup, it's really easy to code. And, then all the diagrams would look the same.

- Jonas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.