Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iron Maiden
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Bogdan Radovic
Just got tickets for their concert in Belgrade on 10th February...Can't wait!! I saw Iron Maiden 2 times by now and I can't wait for this concert because last one in Belgarde was held in a wrong arena and sound was bad..This time they are cumming to a brand new arena and it will be awesome!..Also I heard they are playing OLD songs on this tour , what can I expect ?? smile.gif

Anyone going to see them live on this tour ??
Fran
I sure will if they come anywhere close, I've seen them live just once and it was beyond good, they played most their classics (which is good in my book a sI don't really care much for their latest albums). Have a blast!
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 9 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sure will if they come anywhere close, I've seen them live just once and it was beyond good, they played most their classics (which is good in my book a sI don't really care much for their latest albums). Have a blast!

I saw them on Dance of Death tour , and last year promoting their latest album...I don't car much for it also and they played mostly songs from it last time I saw them (+ sound was bad) so I didn't enjoy that concert much sad.gif But this time it will be awesome + OLD songs !! smile.gif ehhehe

Anyone got the set list from this tour ?
audiopaal
I saw them in Oslo in December, aweeeesome show biggrin.gif
I've seen them 6 times and they're as good as ever! smile.gif
Emir Hot
I saw this tour in Croatia last summer. Amazing show. I am sure it will be great there as well
Chris Evans
here ya go, this was from July last year biggrin.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=17264
Gabriel Leopardi
They are coming to argentina on March 28th. smile.gif I'm planning to go this time...
Radiohead is also coming and their tickets are very expensive! sad.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 10 2009, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are coming to argentina on March 28th. smile.gif I'm planning to go this time...

How much are they charging?
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 9 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much are they charging?

4 to 1 is the relation between Iron Maiden's ticket prices and Radiohead's here. I don't exactly know the reason. blink.gif
The Uncreator
Saw Maiden a few years back, Man it was amazing, best show I have ever seen. You know youve seen them before, Hope the show goes well, Its Maiden so it will be nothing but the best smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 10 2009, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4 to 1 is the relation between Iron Maiden's ticket prices and Radiohead's here. I don't exactly know the reason. blink.gif

Wow blink.gif
That's just weird, what could be the reason for that...!?
Sensible Jones
I hope they're still as good as the last time I saw them!
I've seen them 10 or 11 times now, the first time was in 1980 at a Local Swimming/Sports Centre!!!

PS. Adrian Smith lives in the same Village as me!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 10 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow blink.gif
That's just weird, what could be the reason for that...!?

I really don't know... there are bands like Coldplay, Muse, Radiohead which tickets are more expensive than the rest of the bands when they come here... Maybe its because they play for the first time or second time here (I'm not sure)... Maiden has came 6 times..
audiopaal
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 10 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't know... there are bands like Coldplay, Muse, Radiohead which tickets are more expensive than the rest of the bands when they come here... Maybe its because they play for the first time or second time here (I'm not sure)... Maiden has came 6 times..

Still, there shouldn't be that much difference in their ticketprices.
It's not like they're more famous than Iron Maiden biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Perhaps they do less gigs so they need to cover their expenses tongue.gif
Bogdan Radovic
I found the possible set list they play on this tour :

01. Intro - Churchill's Speech
02. Aces High
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Run to the Hills
09. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Can I Play With Madness?
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'm so excited !!!!!!! Now I can't wait for the concert ! smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 11 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

02. Aces High
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
08. Run to the Hills
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Looks right to me smile.gif
Amazing setlist biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 11 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

02. Aces High
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
08. Run to the Hills
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

ohmy.gif All classics! There are many songs there that I'd love to see live. Wasted Years, Moonchild, Revelations, Can I play with Madness are songs that I've never seen live. smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Just saw them last summer, excellent show! smile.gif
Marcus Siepen
I have seen the "original version" of this tour, back in 1985, back then it was called the wqorld Slavery tour biggrin.gif
OrganisedConfusion
Radiohead and bands like that can charge more because they are more famous and the record label forces them to charge more. Iron Maiden are a big band but compared to the amount of albums Radiohead sell they are nothing.

Radiohead were incredible live the 2 times I've seen them and I've seen Maiden 5 times.
Ivan Milenkovic
Definitely have nothing against Radiohead and similar bands, just joking a bit! smile.gif

Maidens are really playing classics. Somewhere in time was awesome album, one of my favorites, and it will be great to see them live! smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
It should be awesome concert, I plan to go with couple of friends as well wink.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 12 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Radiohead and bands like that can charge more because they are more famous and the record label forces them to charge more. Iron Maiden are a big band but compared to the amount of albums Radiohead sell they are nothing.

Radiohead were incredible live the 2 times I've seen them and I've seen Maiden 5 times.

Whut? laugh.gif
You can't be serious...? unsure.gif
I'm with you on the part that the record labels forces them to charge more,
and that band sometimes sells tickets too expensive for their own good..
But they're not more famous than Iron Maiden, come on!! smile.gif
Bruce Dickinson said in a norwegian interview a few years back, on a topic regarding Oasis charging
a insane amount of money to play at a festival here:
We're not going to rip people off, of course we deserve good payment for what we do.
But the amount of money some bands are charging is just insane, and we're not going to do that!

Spoken like a true hero biggrin.gif
Mrblomme
Saw them last year

Filmed very near to me, you maybe could hear me scream. smile.gif
utak3r
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 12 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's a joke, right? ohmy.gif
Radiohead is more famous than Iron Maiden??.... come on... it's not even funny rolleyes.gif
OrganisedConfusion
Well Radiohead sell more albums so I'm just going off sales of records. And Maiden tickets cost more than Radiohead tickets for me in the UK.
utak3r
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 13 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Radiohead sell more albums so I'm just going off sales of records.

yeah... but it means just nothing.

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 13 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Maiden tickets cost more than Radiohead tickets for me in the UK.

So you see it for yourself smile.gif
Irons are a legend, noone can argue on that... wherever one likes it or not wink.gif
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 13 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you see it for yourself smile.gif
Irons are a legend, noone can argue on that... wherever one likes it or not wink.gif

I'm not saying Iron Maiden aren't legends. I enjoyed both bands greatly live.
Bogdan Radovic
Hmm it depends from band to band , and mostly to the promoter which is bringing a band to the country!

For example this time Iron Maiden tickets are pretty expensive in relation to the previous concert (and in relation to other concerts now)..So I guess its a matter of who hosts the concert...Each band has its almost "fixed" price , and they are payed no matter how many tickets are sold...So I guess the most influence on the ticket prices have the promoters and their skill to make it worth it for everyone...Of course if the bands fixed price is too big they have to bring up the ticket prices....
Mrblomme
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 13 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm it depends from band to band , and mostly to the promoter which is bringing a band to the country!

For example this time Iron Maiden tickets are pretty expensive in relation to the previous concert (and in relation to other concerts now)..So I guess its a matter of who hosts the concert...Each band has its almost "fixed" price , and they are payed no matter how many tickets are sold...So I guess the most influence on the ticket prices have the promoters and their skill to make it worth it for everyone...Of course if the bands fixed price is too big they have to bring up the ticket prices....

Yeah and I saw them on a festival, that's also a lot cheaper because you get 4 days music for a certain price.
kevvyg
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 10 2009, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stick to Iron Maiden!! They're in a different league to Radiohead.
The majority of the UK population think that Radiohead, (and Coldplay) are BORING!!!!!!
Jose Mena
I have never seen maiden live, and for the first time in the entire career they will be visiting Ecuador, to my bad luck I won't be there, all my friends are going it will be the greatest Heavy Metal Concert to ever take place in Ecuador, and I will miss it.
Mrblomme
QUOTE (kevvyg @ Jan 19 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stick to Iron Maiden!! They're in a different league to Radiohead.
The majority of the UK population think that Radiohead, (and Coldplay) are BORING!!!!!!

First of all not the majority of the UK thinks that Radiohead and Coldplay are boring.
And Radiohead and Iron Maiden are indeed not the same but they're both very good.
HAMWAGON
Thats great man i saw them here in Australia same tour i think and over in Belgium. So the PLay list will be something like (not in order except aces high) Aces high, The Trooper, Hallowed be thy name, Number of the beast, Fear of the dark, Power slave, rime of the ancient mariner, 2 minutes to midnight, moon child i think and i can't think of the others if there is any but Fear of the dark is the best for the audience to sing to and its so good biggrin.gif have fun man

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 13 2009, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whut? laugh.gif
You can't be serious...? unsure.gif
I'm with you on the part that the record labels forces them to charge more,
and that band sometimes sells tickets too expensive for their own good..
But they're not more famous than Iron Maiden, come on!! smile.gif
Bruce Dickinson said in a norwegian interview a few years back, on a topic regarding Oasis charging
a insane amount of money to play at a festival here:
We're not going to rip people off, of course we deserve good payment for what we do.
But the amount of money some bands are charging is just insane, and we're not going to do that!

Spoken like a true hero biggrin.gif

Yeah Iron Maiden are Extremely massive like Rock in Rio was like 350,000- 450,000 people back in the day and id rather see Iron maiden any day over radio head but thats just my opinion. but UP THE IRONS !!!!
Bogdan Radovic
I'm gonna see them tonight!!! I can't wait smile.gif))
Bogdan Radovic
Here is the set list from yesterday! It was truly an amazing experiance!!! UP THE IRONS!! smile.gif

1. Intro: Churchill's Speech
2. Aces High
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight
4. Wrathchild
5. Children Of The Damned
6. Phantom Of The Opera
7. The Trooper
8. Wasted Years
9. The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Run To The Hills
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. Iron Maiden
////////////////////////////////
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Sanctuary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.