Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mittwoch - Kristofer Dahl
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Kristofer Dahl
Pages: 1, 2
David Wallimann
This is killer Kris!
I always enjoy hearing your stuff man, it's always high production and very professional sounding.
Awesome!
By the way, what did you use for drums here?
Iluha
That was epic! smile.gif

German sounds aggresive even if the words are rediculous lol
Siggum
Great touch of humor you add in your songs, and offcourse, killer riffs and vocals, i can imagine u've put alot of hard work in improving your singing, and it's definately turning out awsome biggrin.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 25 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mind if I experiment with mastering your song as well? smile.gif

No on the contrary - that would be an honour! smile.gif

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Jan 25 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is killer Kris!
I always enjoy hearing your stuff man, it's always high production and very professional sounding.
Awesome!
By the way, what did you use for drums here?

Thanks David! biggrin.gif

I used EZ drummer with the standard drums that come with it, I used its' multichannel function to fatten things up with eq, compression and a little reverb.

That wasn't enough though - so I triggered/dubbed the snare and kick drum with some really fat samples. I then moved these samples so that they come sliiightly after the EZ drummer hit - that way I got a fatter sound + I preserved humanize function of ez drummer.
QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 25 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
German sounds aggresive even if the words are rediculous lol

Exactly! That is the reason I decided to try and do it in German, there is no way you could get that from English - without inventing a pronunciation system of your own (hey what a cool idea by the way! laugh.gif )
enforcer
Lyrics are just like Friday I am in love from Cure laugh.gif

oh just kidding smile.gif

Man, Kris, seriously this is great!
Fran
Cool song, sounds a LOT like Rammstein Kris, both the riffing, the voice, the GERMAN of course laugh.gif, I don't understand a word, but it sounds good cool.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 25 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lyrics are just like Friday I am in love from Cure laugh.gif

oh just kidding smile.gif

hehe! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 25 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool song, sounds a LOT like Rammstein Kris, both the riffing, the voice, the GERMAN of course laugh.gif, I don't understand a word, but it sounds good cool.gif

hehe yes I am a die-hard Rammstein fan!!
Lian Gerbino
wow man!!! this song is awesome!!! so rammstein!!! I dont understand a word in german! but I readed the traslation biggrin.gif so funny kris!
freakin' wednesday!!! I hate that day too!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (edguy @ Jan 24 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Practice one more year and you become a famous German Metal guitarist who sing in german. laugh.gif

I gree 100 %!!! wanna play in the band ok? hahaha

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 24 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif Man.. this is awesome! Your voice here is amazing and the riffing is killer. The sound is also very good. I'll download the wav file to try if I can do a better mastering.. however the final mix that you uploaded sounds very loud and powerfull.

yes! it would be great. I think the mix is already really powerful. but I wanna see what you can do on this wink.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jan 25 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gree 100 %!!! wanna play in the band ok? hahaha

Sure thing Lian - I know that you are a die hard Rammstein rocker!! laugh.gif (to anybody who doesn't know, search for Rammstein)
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi! This is my first try on the mastering of this song.. please tell me what you hear... smile.gif

Click to view attachment
skennington
43mb's, this has got to sound good! Downloading....

Sounds great Gabriel, if you don't mind me asking, what all did you add to the master? I can hear some eq and maybe a bit of re verb... Kris' vocals sound more up in the mix as well.
besip
Niceeeee biggrin.gif i'm like your tone..you allready sound like ramstain
looks like you start have really fun with singing wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 25 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
43mb's, this has got to sound good! Downloading....

Sounds great Gabriel, if you don't mind me asking, what all did you add to the master? I can hear some eq and maybe a bit of re verb... Kris' vocals sound more up in the mix as well.

I used Izotope Ozone 3 for this one. It has many great tools. Bassically I used the Eq (I incressed the bass frequencies to make it sound fatter), I compressed the whole mix and also the bass frequencies range with the multiband compressor (just a bit), then I excited the higher frequencies in the harmonic exciter section. And maybe some other little things that I don't remember know.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 26 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi! This is my first try on the mastering of this song.. please tell me what you hear... smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Yes!! laugh.gif This is better - when comparing to the mp3 it seems this one has more bottom, thanks Gabriel!

The only thing which might have stood out stronger on the mp3 is the stereo image (I used a free tool called flux stereo tool). Not completely sure though - I am learning a lot from this! smile.gif

What does everyone else think?
MickeM
Excellent ! Vey Rammsteinich cool.gif ...and with some synths too wink.gif
Wabba
Awesome Kris! Sounds very much like rammstein. smile.gif

How about making a lesson about this?
Mandos
This is awesome Kris! You really captured the essence of Rammstein. smile.gif
PanicProne
I've gotta say for once I really enjoyed your lunacy! And you really managed a german metal/rammstein-ish feel there. And I'm kinda suprised your growling was this good! Anyway, a great song to cheer someone up with. Brings out some smiles.
superize
Sounds alot like Rammstein
Mrblomme
This is so in to Rammstein!
Really great man, my motherlanguage is Dutch and it is a bit like German so I understand a lot of things.
Emir Hot
I've just heard this. hahaha killer song. This could go on charts smile.gif
utak3r
QUOTE (PanicProne @ Jan 26 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm kinda suprised your growling was this good!

hm? I didn't hear any growling here?... huh.gif
Sensible Jones
Das ist sehr Gut, nein????
biggrin.gif
audiopaal
Here's my go at mastering this track smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Whaddayathink? smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 29 2009, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's my go at mastering this track smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Whaddayathink? smile.gif

Wow at a first listen this sounds very good, well balanced and heavy - what did you do with it? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 28 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just heard this. hahaha killer song. This could go on charts smile.gif

hehe thanks Emir... I just need to figure out how to get it there!! biggrin.gif
helo92
really cool tune man smile.gif
i like the rammstein sound smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (helo92 @ Feb 5 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really cool tune man smile.gif
i like the rammstein sound smile.gif

Thanks Helo! smile.gif
Red
How come i never seen this?

This is a really great song, one of your best
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.