Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Guitar Do You Like Better?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > Electronic Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2
TreyDeschamp
Which do you like I like Jackson laugh.gif
Canis
Schecter <3
berko
P R S

(I voted schecter though...)
Guitarman700
Jackson!

Screw the rest, Play the best!
Fran
Voted Fender. Wasn't a big fun of my telecaster but since I got the strat I just can't put it down smile.gif
Velvet Roger
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 24 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Voted Fender. Wasn't a big fun of my telecaster but since I got the strat I just can't put it down smile.gif

Same here smile.gif
Tolek
Ibanez here. smile.gif I didn´t try much more guitars, actually, so my vote isn´t very significant.
Ivan Milenkovic
I prefer Fender guitars cool.gif
UncleSkillet
I love a good old Fender Strat. smile.gif They sound different than any other guitar and are an icon in Rock-in-Roll music history. Kind of like a screw driver. laugh.gif Every musician should have one in there collection.
Ramiro Delforte
I like Ibanez, PRS and Gibson biggrin.gif
The thing is one is more expensive than the previous one
Pedja Simovic
I voted other smile.gif

As in custom built guitars or PRS , Martin guitars...
Mandos
Currently ESP and PRS
Toni Suominen
I'd love to have a Custom Carvin so I voted for Carvin. I love many brands from that list though.
Trond Vold
ESP should have been in that list! smile.gif I went with Jackson though.
berko
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 25 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I voted other smile.gif

As in custom built guitars or PRS , Martin guitars...

They look AMAZING on their homepage... Huge amount of options to choose from... and a huge amount of money to fork out dry.gif
audiopaal
Gibson and Fender smile.gif
Voted gibson though..
Enucleation
I was an ESP fanboy for a while until I got the Xiphos properly set up. And even though I can't recall many Ibanezes I may have played, if the Xiphos is any sign of the rest of their guitars... then oh snap.

SO anyway I voted Ibanez but I haven't played a lot of em'.
wrk
Fender ..

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 24 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love a good old Fender Strat. smile.gif They sound different than any other guitar and are an icon in Rock-in-Roll music history. Kind of like a screw driver. laugh.gif Every musician should have one in there collection.

True, you can not have enough "screw drivers". There are all slightly different and you never have the one available you actually need .. laugh.gif

Marc_Maiden
ibanez...cant go back...all other necks are too thick! except for some older kramers!!!
enforcer
Fender 4 ever, Gibson as second biggrin.gif
thefireball
i said Ibanez, although ESP and LTD are also awesome guitars!
Bogdan Radovic
Fender basses for me definitely! smile.gif
Karl-ss
JACKSON!
superize
Jackson 4 life
Zsolt Galambos
ESP, GIBSON, MUSIC MAN here smile.gif
MickeM
Gibson Les Paul smile.gif
Joe
Gibson or Fender. I'm sure there's many great guitars I haven't had the chance to try though. But I could be happy the rest of my life playing just fender or gibson.
SirJamsalot
I was a huge fan of Jackson necks, and for a while couldn't get a good feel from any other guitar models - I tried them all over the course of a few months. I finally picked up a cheapo Ibanez, changed the strings and immediately fell in love with it. From the neck-comfort, I would rate Jackson/Ibanez -> PRS -> Schecter in that order. I think it's how GC sets up their guitars on-shelf that affects my bias tho, but really those for me have felt the most comfortable in terms of ability to play fast, and bend comfortably.
Vasilije Vukmirovic
Ibanez is Ibanez!
Duncan
I voted Ibanez. I like my Gibson SG more than any of my Ibanez guitars, but I don't like any other Gibson guitars. Therefore Ibanez gets my vote.
Alexiaden93
I voted Fender. There are some rattle buzzes and muddy sound on my MIM, but that can be fixed.

My guitar, despite costing $500 feels perfect in my hands, and is very easy to play etc. The sound I am working on ^^
Praetorian
I voted Fender...I L-O-V-E my strat! Although lately...I have been drooling for a Les Paul!
Fingerspasm
Ibanez!!! Especially when you talk about the high end models. JEM, PGM, Prestige. These guitars are shred machines and they are also versatile. I like Gibson and Fender but to me they are not nearly as versatile.
ZakkWylde
Gibson

Tone>Playability
del-4fr53e3
Caparison smile.gif
MirkoSchmidt
Ey, where is PRS???? best of both worlds! (LP & Strat!!!!)
i love my prs se custom! ^^
newguyatgmc
parker..
TylerT
Ernie Ball! tongue.gif
Attila Voros
I think every guitarist needs at least a good Les Paul and a strat:)
My all time 3 favs that I own(ed) so far (not in order):

-Gibson Explorer - white with ebony fretboard (killer neck and killer sound)
Pic: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...mageID=38107415
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser (that's the guitar I got the NM gig with:))
instrumental song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZDUyocKGQ4
-Washburn Dimebag Dime3 - USA made Dimebol guitar... the most asskicking shape, amazingly comfortable neck with a really warm and uniqe sound! She is my ultimate béjbi, my first love that I wanna be buried with!:)
PanterA_Strength Beyond Strength live by RTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JtYvmcNzgs

Cheerio!
Frederik
im on gibson smile.gif LP and es335
Stephane Lucarelli
Hummmm I would say all Suhr guitar or Tom Anderson...
I'm also a strat lover and if I've got to choose I'd go for the Eric Johnson or Jeff Beck model.
Staffy
Huh, that should be multi-answer question, I love both Fender, Gibson, Ibanez and my Suhr.... but for voting something I choosed Fender, since I love Strats.........

//Staffay
Cory Martin
Jackson. I prefer my Dinky over my Jem actually :/
Vaidya
I favour Gibson
Captain Insaino
I have a fender strat 79, and a carvin custom, and a Spector Euro Bass, but have been after a G&L Asat and a Gibson LP for a few months now. I may be selling the carvin and Spector to finance my Gibson and g&L purchaes, but I cant make up my mind.
MigeZ
Jackson because I've got a Jackson soloist sl3! I absolutely love this black beauty laugh.gif Getting and ESP LTD MH 1000 FR next week so well ESP too biggrin.gif
OrganisedConfusion
Parker and Caparison are the best.

Schecter, Jackson and Ibanez are all amongst the worst I've ever played.
ZakkWylde
It really depends on the personal preferance Organised, doesn't it?

I am sure Jackson USA models, Schecter Custom shop US and Ibanez J-Custom are at least on par with Caparison and Parker.
tonydbluesdog
I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and just recently bought a 2000 MIM Fender Strat, anyway I still love my EPI PAUL much better, I can't get a good tone out of the Strat that I like.
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 2 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really depends on the personal preferance Organised, doesn't it?

I am sure Jackson USA models, Schecter Custom shop US and Ibanez J-Custom are at least on par with Caparison and Parker.

It's what ever works for you. I've played lots of Ibanez, Jackson and Schecter guitars but never found one that works for me whereas Parker, Caparison, Suhr and a few other makes I've never found a guitar I don't like. Even the Korean Parker models I like lots.

Main problem for me and Ibanez guitars are that the pickups seem to always get in the way of my picking hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.