Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Choose Color For Me
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
ztevie
So I'm planning to build my own guitar for the first time. Well, not actually build from scratch, but assemble from parts I buy(body, neck etc)...
It is clear that it will be a superstrat with H-S-S, 24.3/4 scale neck, and probably 24 frets. Neck will be all maple, body will be alder painted with a solid color. It will have a pickguard...
Did some alternatives in Kisekae, please choose which one looks the nicest for you, or choose the last option. biggrin.gif

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

#7:

#8:

#9:

#10:
Velvet Roger
I would normally always go for at least a 2-tone, but out of these I would then suggest no. 2 smile.gif
ztevie
Yeah, the thing is, if I decide to paint myself, I wanna keep it simple since I have no experience painting guitars...
Dejan Farkas
I would also say No2 smile.gif
superize
Number 10
Chris Evans
I`d go with number 1, purely coz it looks just like the Adrian Smith Signature Jackson which I WANT! laugh.gif
Emir Hot
No 1
ztevie
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 27 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I`d go with number 1, purely coz it looks just like the Adrian Smith Signature Jackson which I WANT! laugh.gif

Yep, inspired from that, and also some superstrat Jake E Lee used to play back in the days... tongue.gif
#1 is on the top of my list at the moment, but it wouldn't be bad with some color either?
Mrblomme
No 8
Mandos
Number four if I have to choose a solid colour.
Drew604
#1 for me. I like the Ady Smith/Jake E Lee look to it also wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Number 2 mate, definitely! smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
No 7 for me..Its funky!!!!! smile.gif
Bondy
Number 2 I would go for smile.gif
ztevie
At the moment I am for #1, the board votes are for #1, Most of my friends like #1 or #2, my wife is for #7...
Considering all this:

I guess it'll be #7 then...? ohmy.gif
Mandos
Yep, seven it is. biggrin.gif
Dejan Farkas
QUOTE (ztevie @ Jan 27 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the moment I am for #1, the board votes are for #1, Most of my friends like #1 or #2, my wife is for #7...
Considering all this:

I guess it'll be #7 then...? ohmy.gif

So definatelly #7, wives are always right laugh.gif
Sigfridsson
I ended up voting 1, but for me the first and the second are both really nice!
Praetorian
I like #4...very classic looking...but I would choose white pickups and knobs!
berko
I voted #7 because i love the orange-black variation. biggrin.gif It looks damn cool. Imo no2 is too common and no1 too much resembles the Iron Maiden Jackson model.

Be sure to keep us updated with info smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Definitely number 2, I want a Strat exactly like that! smile.gif
ZakkWylde
Iron Maiden style #1!!!!
OrganisedConfusion
Number 7. All the others are quite disturbing biggrin.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 27 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Number 2 mate, definitely! smile.gif

+1
smile.gif
Enucleation
I voted 2.

Dumb question, what exactly is a super strat? Is it like a strat with a floating tremolo and 24 frets or something?
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Jan 27 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dumb question, what exactly is a super strat? Is it like a strat with a floating tremolo and 24 frets or something?

Not necessarily 24 frets but generally with a F/Rose or similar and with a Humbucker in the bridge.
smile.gif
ztevie
For me a superstrat, is a strat shaped guitar with at least 1 humbucker, a flatter fretboard... More metal, if you will.
here's wikipedia's view on the matter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstrat
Jmguitar64
1, 2, 9, and 10 look good but 1 is especially good looking
Ramiro Delforte
Voted!
N°3
Disturbed21
I went with #1 but i think anyone of them with the black pickguard looks good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.