Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Live Album
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
The Uncreator
We have plenty of favorite album threads, but I searched and didnt see any for a favorite live album, And since most of the albums im spinning now are live albums, I thought it would be appropriate to ask, And try to give specific reason why its your favorite, makes it more interesting smile.gif

I have a combination of 3, Blind Guardian's "Live", The production is amazing, the songs sound even better live, and the reactions from the crowd just give me goosebumps, especially on "The Bards Song - In The Forest".

Secondly it would be Between The Buried And Me's "Colors Live". The performance is so spot on you might not even know it was a live album, and there is an added energy to the music when its played live that you cant capture on studio recordings.

Lastly, it would be Iron Maiden's "Rock In Rio". Maiden songs are just made to be played live, the reactions from the crowd that bruce gets are just spine chilling, To hear 250,000 people sing "Run To The Hills!" is just an experience you wont forget smile.gif
sigma7
mine is One Cold Winter's Night by Kamelot

my second is Dream Theater Live at Budokan
Toni Suominen
Opeth - The Roundhouse Tapes smile.gif
jer
I LOVE live albums.

Until this one came out Iron Maiden's LIVE AFTER DEATH was the superstar.

But this one tops it.

HALFORD - LIVE INSURRECTION

Check out their cover of Judas Priests "Stained Class"

ABSOLUTELY CRUSHING!!!!!

coffeeman
Muse-Haarp
utak3r
Live?
It's easy - Accept - "Staying a life"... it's even better than a studio LP wink.gif they live with the audience...
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 28 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Muse-Haarp

That's actually my most hated live DVD. I was at the gig and it was awesome and I love Muse but the DVD is dire. The camera jumps around so much it actually makes you feel sick. It's a shame bands feel the need to do this sad.gif

My favourite live album is Nirvana - Unplugged In New York
coffeeman
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 28 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's actually my most hated live DVD. I was at the gig and it was awesome and I love Muse but the DVD is dire. The camera jumps around so much it actually makes you feel sick. It's a shame bands feel the need to do this sad.gif

My favourite live album is Nirvana - Unplugged In New York

You know whats funny , I have the CD and and the DVD of course , but I haven't seen it , and I bought it almost a year ago, I'll check it out and tell you what I think.

The love the Audio CD it's stays always in mz car's cd player.
Marcus Siepen
For me that would be Pink Floyds Delicate sound of thunder.
berko
Oh I've got many...

but the one i watch the most is Pink Floyd - Pulse

(other than that. h.a.a.r.p, score from Dream Theater etc.)
Velvet Roger
Queen - Live Killers. It's in fact my first live album ever and I still play it very frequently smile.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jan 29 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me that would be Pink Floyds Delicate sound of thunder.

Cheers Marcus smile.gif This one is also my favorute one.

I would also add Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same and Deep Purple - California Jam
Marek Rojewski
My favorite is also "Blind Guardian - Live". I had to buy a second copy of the record, as the first one was massacred by the build-in car cd player after spending something like a year in it:D
David Wallimann
Not completely a live album because a lot of edits were made, but I think it still fits this category:
I love Vai's "Alive in an Ultra World"
Trond Vold
Livealbums are great smile.gif
My favs would be:
Strapping Young Lad - For those aboot to rock
Dream Theater - Live scenes from a memory
Kamelot - A cold winters night
Faith No More - Live at the Brixton Academy
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 28 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know whats funny , I have the CD and and the DVD of course , but I haven't seen it , and I bought it almost a year ago, I'll check it out and tell you what I think.

The love the Audio CD it's stays always in mz car's cd player.

The CD is fine. It's just the DVD that is awful to me.
Mandos
Dream Theater - Live Scenes from a Memory for me I think.
MickeM
I don't have that many live albums but there are two that sticks out. I got them long ago and I still enjoy them so they've grown stuck to me over the years.

Black Sabbath - Live Evil
Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
ZakkWylde
Slayers' Decade of Agression because it's truly live and unmastered
Pantera - 101 Proof
Slammer
Eric Johnson - Live from Austin Texas
VinceG
Boris with Merzbow Rock Dream. Seriously, one of the best albums iv ever heard. It first started in my favorite album/song Feedbacker with that Merzbow touch to it of space noise. The whole entire set is also mind blowing because of the great energy, songs, and sound. Everything is just perfect on this album. The ideal set up of Boris that I imagine seeing.
Power_Arctica
mmmm.... Kiss Alive 3
29a
I guess that would be Grave Digger - Tunes of Wacken.
Tomas Santa Clara
VOLKERBALL!!!! laugh.gif
helo92
CHildren of Bodom: Chaos Ridden Years Stockholm Knockout biggrin.gif
Fullmetal_Tmd
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jan 29 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boris with Merzbow Rock Dream. Seriously, one of the best albums iv ever heard. It first started in my favorite album/song Feedbacker with that Merzbow touch to it of space noise. The whole entire set is also mind blowing because of the great energy, songs, and sound. Everything is just perfect on this album. The ideal set up of Boris that I imagine seeing.

Rock Dream is pretty amazing, isn't it?

But I have to say Neurosis - Live In Lyon. Neurosis have an amazing intensity when playing live, and you can truly feel it in this cd. But if Reverend Bizarre ever release a Live CD, it will be the greatest thing in the universe.
Marc_Maiden
Dream Theaters - Live at Budokan

Iron Maidens- Death on the Road

im still waiting for a symphony x live dvd!!
Gabriel Leopardi
There are many awesome live albums but now I remember these ones...

Iron Maiden "Live after death"
Jane's Addiction "Kettle Whistle"
Muse "Haarp"
rokchik
The Tragically Hip - That Night in Toronto

Fleetwood Mac - The Dance

Janes Addiction - Kettle Whistle
Sigfridsson
Dire straits - Live alchemy
Metallica - Live shit binge and purge, seattle
helo92
Children of Bodom - Chaos Ridden Years: Stockholm Knockout
brandon
Man, it's really tough to pick just one, but 2 of my favorites are Judas Priest "Unleased in the East" and Thin Lizzy "Live and Dangerous". Both are about as rad as it gets.
Vasilije Vukmirovic
Eric Clapton - Unplugged!
Zsolt Galambos
Iron Maiden - Live after Death
Jerry Arcidiacono
Mmm...
Queen - Live at Wembley '86
Deep Purple - Made in Japan
sonny_NL
Muse, haarp life at wembly
superize
Iced Earth Alive in Athens
Blind Guardian-Imaginations through the looking glass
Rhapsodyvisions from the enchanted lands
NoSkill
Genesis - Seconds Out
Gitarrero
Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio
Arch Enemy - Tyrants of the Rising Sun
Kamelot - One cold Winter's Night
thefireball
Skillet - Comatose Comes Alive

a Christian Rock band. wink.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Sep 14 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iron Maiden - Live after Death

That would be my choice as well smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Scorpions Acoustica definitly! smile.gif
I love the arrangements they made and powerful acoustic sound.
Ben Higgins
Due to the sheer atmosphere and energy I would have to pick these:

Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio
Metallica - S&M

Maiden's Live After Death is 'the' classic choice.. but they're playing and energy on RIR is even better ! And the energy on S&M is unreal.. regardless of what songs they played, it was a totally unique occasion and nobody knew what to expect and I think that energy comes through in the recording !
Mate Nagy
Pantera Official Live !
Blows you off your chair smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.