Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavel - new guest instructor
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kristofer Dahl
Hey,

I am happy to announce I was contacted by Pavel a few days ago - here is shortly what he sais about himself:

I'm from Croatia, studying informatics but actually want to make guitar my career so i am practicing 6 and more hours a day. Working on my first album now - it's an instrumental rock that i prefer but i also love metal stuff (Dream Theater, Rhapsody, Outworld and so on). Shred techniques is the main thing i am working on.

Today i am checking the website for all lessons to get more info on how a leson should look and all the stuff.

I will start working on a lesson tomorrow, create a good background and everything and let you know when i am done to send it to you. Want to make it as good as possible.

I personally think it sounds like Pavel has great attitude and although we have just got a tiny clip - I suspect he is a guitar demon... Hope we can get some stuff from him very soon - he said he would first like to do some sweep picking! biggrin.gif

Kris
Norven
Wow.. That is what I´ve been waiting for.. more advanced stuff:D
Pavel
Hey guys!
This GMC is awesome! Finally a place to find people who really want to learn to play guitar cool.gif
As Kris mentioned i will start with explaining Sweep picking and move from basic sweeps to some advanced stuff (and not only sweep picking wink.gif )!

Need to work on Tabs and backing tracks but i am starting right away to make it as easy as possible for you guys!

See ya soon!
Rvddps
This will be awesome, and by the way, mind mailing me your JEM? tongue.gif

you dont happen to have msn do you, i always like to conact other people who are interested in guitar.
Pavel
QUOTE (Rvddps @ Jan 8 2007, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This will be awesome, and by the way, mind mailing me your JEM? tongue.gif

you dont happen to have msn do you, i always like to conact other people who are interested in guitar.

Yeah i do have MSN: [email protected] (btw. this is my active e-mail)
Feel free to contact! wink.gif
Kristofer Dahl
biggrin.gif
ezravdb
I understand that lick ^^ but yeah I like it.
MEN, ik cant wait till the new lessons come out from pavel and that other one XD
Boggi
Great to see more guitar teacher here in GMC. Im very excited. biggrin.gif
Fender23strat
Oh man this is getting me excited. I've been working hard on sweep picking lately and that little lick sounds awesome. I can't wait to learn some stuff from you, Pavel. Thanks Kris for finding him.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Fender23strat @ Jan 9 2007, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man this is getting me excited. I've been working hard on sweep picking lately and that little lick sounds awesome. I can't wait to learn some stuff from you, Pavel. Thanks Kris for finding him.

biggrin.gif He found me!
MickeM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 8 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i will start with explaining Sweep picking and move from basic sweeps to some advanced stuff (and not only sweep picking wink.gif )!

Hi! Sweep picking, sounds great! smile.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 9 2007, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi! Sweep picking, sounds great! smile.gif

Hey cool! I see a lot of shred fans here! Be patient - lessons are comming! wink.gif
Kristofer Dahl
Things are looking really good - expect a pavel lesson soon! biggrin.gif
Fender23strat
Hey i've got a quick question. I'm really excited about having some new teachers but since there's going to be 3 possible teachers are you still going to give us 1 lesson per week or what? Cause if possible I would like more so that we get a variety of stuff through the week but if not 1 is still great. biggrin.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (Fender23strat @ Jan 10 2007, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey i've got a quick question. I'm really excited about having some new teachers but since there's going to be 3 possible teachers are you still going to give us 1 lesson per week or what? Cause if possible I would like more so that we get a variety of stuff through the week but if not 1 is still great. biggrin.gif

Hey i'll answer!

As it was my first lesson it was a bit hard to get started - and it is not easy at all to create a lesson. Another problem is i'll soon have lots of exams at the university but i will be working on lessons as much as i can! Hopefully you'll be getting more of them!

P.s. the upcomming stuff will be more difficult to really get down! wink.gif Now working on lessons combining sweep, legato, alternate picking. Be ready for practice! hehe
Fender23strat
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 10 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey i'll answer!

As it was my first lesson it was a bit hard to get started - and it is not easy at all to create a lesson. Another problem is i'll soon have lots of exams at the university but i will be working on lessons as much as i can! Hopefully you'll be getting more of them!

P.s. the upcomming stuff will be more difficult to really get down! wink.gif Now working on lessons combining sweep, legato, alternate picking. Be ready for practice! hehe

Alright that's great man. Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to see you stuff.
Guitar Master123
(crys) sad.gif
The video isn't working for me! When I click on the link a blank webpage appears. Then, quick time comes up playing 22 seconds of plain white! Wht do I need to do? I really want to see this video!! sad.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 11 2007, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(crys) sad.gif
The video isn't working for me! When I click on the link a blank webpage appears. Then, quick time comes up playing 22 seconds of plain white! Wht do I need to do? I really want to see this video!! sad.gif

First choose save the video to your computer. Then open it with another software - pehaps windows media player.
Guitar Master123
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 11 2007, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First choose save the video to your computer. Then open it with another software - pehaps windows media player.

Like, how?
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 11 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like, how?

assuming you have a pc: Once you have saved the file - right click on it and choose something like "open with" - it should give you a list choose "windows media player" from the list.
Steelkonsum
I am, admittedly, new to the GMC scene but I have been strolling about in the background, reading the forum, checkin out the freebies and quite frankly overabused freelicks.net but however, this guy seems really cool and he has already helped me starting to ..uh.. un-develop (anyone got a vocabulary to sell perhaps?) my biggest bad habbit.

Though I do assume his lessons will be a lightyear or two ahead of my current skills I will check it out and bow down in awe for sure. wink.gif
Guitar Master123
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 11 2007, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
assuming you have a pc: Once you have saved the file - right click on it and choose something like "open with" - it should give you a list choose "windows media player" from the list.

sad.gif But I like don't have a PC (crys).
Bastardo Anonimo
At first I was like dry.gif I can probably do that...

Then halfway throught the video blink.gif Ok, screw this, I can't do that.

Incredible.
Pavel
Thx!
That video in attachment is just a sample so if you want i can create a lesson for those licks (of course if Kris approves that).
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 11 2007, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif But I like don't have a PC (crys).

Anybody knows what software is used on mac to view avi:s?
Kristofer Dahl
Oh my! This feels like another century biggrin.gif

Pavel I am so glad you are still with us - you have colored GMC with your unmistakable touch biggrin.gif

Also notice we have Micke and Ezra in the thread aswell. Also it struck that between the replies of this thread - time passed with several hours! blink.gif Pretty slow considering it was the introduction of the second instructor ever at GMC!! biggrin.gif Still great action at that time of course.

I am very happy we still have alot of the original members left - as well as all our fantastic new ones! smile.gif
The Uncreator
Yes, GMC wouldn't be the same without you! smile.gif
coffeeman
Pavel your lessons rock , I wish we can enjoy your lessons for many years.
SLASH91
I wouldn't have started sweeping or AP seriously without your lessons smile.gif Thanks!
Muris Varajic
Wow,this IS kind of anniversary,my congrats!! smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
Glad you are still here m8 - you are an awesome part of GMC!
FretDancer69
Pavel you rock man, my sweeping is awesome now thanks to you!
MickeM
Way to go Pavel! You sure did a lot for GMC smile.gif
mattacuk
I have learnt an awful lot from pavel !! Especially the first year of playing. He is a top guy and alway very helpful - heres to you Pavel! biggrin.gif
Robin
Haha, I remember when you came to GMC and I saw your sweeping lessons. I didnt know what sweeping was before then, it was amazing biggrin.gif
Pavel
Thanks a lot guys! It was such a small family back than - only Kris and me as instructors and only a couple of active members on forum smile.gif Now we made it into a big community smile.gif

Thanks for the compliments guy - i'm glad those lessons did some good for you! And i'm especially glad that you liked those sweeping lessons because it's pretty hard to explain that subject and those were my first 2 lessons biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Btw. new lessons are coming this month so i'm still around wink.gif
Rock on!
The Uncreator
Cant wait for the new lessons!
Juan M. Valero
Yeah, happy GMC Birthday wink.gif I watched some of your old lesson and you have improved a lot, not only in video quality but also in your guitar skills. Great work Pavel, your lessons are a reference for me wink.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Feb 9 2008, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, happy GMC Birthday wink.gif I watched some of your old lesson and you have improved a lot, not only in video quality but also in your guitar skills. Great work Pavel, your lessons are a reference for me wink.gif

Thanks man! And yeah the lessons improved with time because i got some experience in this area during the year - the beginning however was extremely difficult. And also i practiced a lot during this year and i am glad my improvement is noticeable smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.