Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 5-cable Method
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Trond Vold
I hooked the GT-8 up to my rack with the 5-cable method yesterday and although it looks a bit messy on the floor,
it was worth it!
Incase you dont know what it is, it's basically a way to get your amps preamp anywhere into the GT-8's (or any other decent floor-based processor's for that matter) FX-chain.
The method does require a decent amp/preamp though with preferably a serial fx-loop instead of a parallell fx-loop.

But since the GT-8 Brilliance PDF explains this way more indepth and better than i can, take a look HERE instead.
It's been shared on the forums before, but doesnt hurt to share it again smile.gif

It definetly opens up a new world of possibilities over the normal fx-send/fx-return method or straight-into amp method, so i really recommend looking into it if you've got a good amp and looking to get more out of your processor.
Toni Suominen
I bet many will find this info helpful, thanks for sharing Trond! smile.gif
Ramiro Delforte
That's very usefull man! Thanx for sharing the info biggrin.gif
David Wallimann
I hook up my GT8 to my amp this way and it does sound fantastic!
I agree though that you need a good amp to do that method.
Ivan Milenkovic
This is definitely a good way to connect GT8 for home/studio work, thanks for sharing Trond! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.