Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Line6 Podxt Live
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Rowan
Hi,

I have the LINE6 PODxt Live with all the additional packs installed, but I have a few things I would like to ask around it.

1) Whats the best way to record? I have it plugged into my USB port on my laptop but can anyone give me advice on which software I should use to record to the laptop and also which quality should I do for uploading to YouTube etc so its good but not exceeding the limit?

2) Tones, the most common question, is there a thread here where people can share and help others develop a nice tone. I have a decent one but when you do tapping on it it doesnt sound too right, not enough gain I think, so where is this thread if there is one lol?

3) Converting X3 tones to XT, is it possible?

Thanks and hopefully these questions will be answered smile.gif
Fran
To record on your computer you should get a program such as Reaper.
Rowan
I got reaper and I gotta say its pretty damn good..

A little question though, when I record it sounds ok but the higher strings sound really high, on my PODxt what would I turn down to make them more discreet/clean? (if this makes any sense)
Fran
Maybe you should tweak the amp eq settings a bit, decrease the high eq settings. Check podXT EQ too in case you are using it.

It might depend on the amp model you are using too, some have brighter sound than others.
Piotr Kaczor
Wow man, what can I say. This is an amazing device, so, tweak tweak and tweak smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic

1) Whats the best way to record? I have it plugged into my USB port on my laptop but can anyone give me advice on which software I should use to record to the laptop and also which quality should I do for uploading to YouTube etc so its good but not exceeding the limit?

The best way is to plugin the POD into PC and record using a DAW software. I recommend Reaped cause it's free and very decent for recording and audio production. Download Reaper, install it and use it as your audio producing environment

2) Tones, the most common question, is there a thread here where people can share and help others develop a nice tone. I have a decent one but when you do tapping on it it doesnt sound too right, not enough gain I think, so where is this thread if there is one lol?

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=10174

don't know mate smile.gif

Cheers

Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Rowan @ Feb 8 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I have the LINE6 PODxt Live with all the additional packs installed, but I have a few things I would like to ask around it.

Thanks and hopefully these questions will be answered smile.gif

1. Install Reaper recording software ( http://www.reaper.fm/download.php ) and select your POD as sound recording/playback device inside it.Its a really good, free and easy software to use..

2. http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=10174

Cheers mate
Rowan
Ivan thanks alot smile.gif
kalupun
QUOTE (Rowan @ Feb 9 2009, 04:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ivan thanks alot smile.gif

i HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE RECORDING GUITAR IN MY PC.

I installed reaper but I don know how can i record. I mean I have Pod xt. I plugged USP in my pc and tried to record but i don't know what to do??Do i need to install any other software??

or could anybody tell me any other way to record guitar in my computer???i really want to record my guitar.

how about Cubase?

hope to get feedback
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.