E||---------
B||--------
G||--------
D||---------
A||----------
E||--5h-7h-9 or just pick them regularly

should i use fingers 1 2 4 or 1 3 4?
Ramiro Delforte
That's something of your choise. I would play it with fingers 124 but I had students who would play it with 134 because the stretching between the 1 and 2 finger was too much for them.
Artemus
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Feb 8 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if i play like

E||---------
B||--------
G||--------
D||---------
A||----------
E||--5h-7h-9 or just pick them regularly

should i use fingers 1 2 4 or 1 3 4?

1 2 4 is (I think) is more conventional - at least that's how I'd finger that shape - but it's up to you; which ever you feel more comfortable with.
vampire18
im asking because im currently practicing
Shred Legato Lesson, by David Wallimann
and he uses 1,3,4
so im asking what does the "book" has to say about it?
if you would go to guitar school they would say 1,2,4?
Artemus
I think the best advice a school can give is guide you but not enforce a convention if it's just for the sake of it - look at how differently people hold their picks but still they all pull off amazing solos and what not.
In this instance I think it's safe to say that there is no text book way of fingering this or that shape - not on its own at least - maybe in connection to a particular passage you'd have to consider fingering a bit more in terms of what's the most ecomical, but here I'd just say use what you prefer smile.gif
Velvet Roger
Generally, I play them with 1, 3, 4.

If you look at it from the perspective to 'stay in position' than 1,3,4 makes more sense as your hand is remaining but your pinky is only going one fret further.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.