Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Virus Virus Virus
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Pedja Simovic
Hey guys just a quick post !

My Nuendo got some weird virus , I tried reinstalling it but the problem is still there. Virus has spread to Windows 32 folder and some system files today. Seems like I have to Format my computer today and do everything from scratch. Another option is getting totally new and much more powerful computer than my current one which I can do tomorrow.

I guess I will see you guys tomorrow - sorry for the delay in collaboration I am going crazy over my computer troubles sad.gif

Pedja
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 9 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another option is getting totally new and much more powerful computer than my current one which I can do tomorrow.

I would go for this. Good luck
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 9 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would go for this. Good luck

I am leaning towards that option as well. Waiting for my brother to come from work to give me configuration we made a month ago... I hope these guys from computer shop don't take too long to give you everything XP ready smile.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 9 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another option is getting totally new and much more powerful computer than my current one which I can do tomorrow.

I agree with Emir, I used the same situation to go for a better computer smile.gif (mind you, I needed that excuse to get it past the wife! biggrin.gif)
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 9 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Emir, I used the same situation to go for a better computer smile.gif (mind you, I needed that excuse to get it past the wife! biggrin.gif)

Haha good one biggrin.gif
I've been thinking of new computer from new years but kept postponing it because I have so many passwords and software in this one that I just didn't want to start all from scratch smile.gif
OrganisedConfusion
Viruses are annoying. I have about 9 anti virus and spyware stoppers on my computer lol. Nothing gets through now biggrin.gif

I am about to build myself a new PC I think but I don't think it's a great time to do it and I have barely any money sad.gif

I will just have to put up with my heap of rubbish I have at the minute.
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 9 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Viruses are annoying. I have about 9 anti virus and spyware stoppers on my computer lol. Nothing gets through now biggrin.gif

I am about to build myself a new PC I think but I don't think it's a great time to do it and I have barely any money sad.gif

I will just have to put up with my heap of rubbish I have at the minute.

Thats the thing OC , which virus spyware adware protection should I use ? I mean lets face it we are talking about PC not Mac so chances of taking something in are 50-50% laugh.gif
David Wallimann
I feel for you Pedja,
I am switching to Mac for that same reason.
I'm sick of viruses and stuff!
Emir Hot
Don't go for XP Windows. This year new Windows will be out and your computer needs to be ready for that. New motherboards and other things might not support all XP features.
Fsgdjv
Ouch, getting virus is always annoying.

I'd probably go for a new computer aswell if I was in your position (and had the money rolleyes.gif ), instead of setting this one up properly again just to have to do it soon again with a new computer. Plus it's always great to have an excuse to buy new stuff laugh.gif
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 9 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats the thing OC , which virus spyware adware protection should I use ? I mean lets face it we are talking about PC not Mac so chances of taking something in are 50-50% laugh.gif

You should get MalwareBytes man. That program is free and in my opinion the best out there., Give it a search on google and it'll sort your PC out in no time smile.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 9 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't go for XP Windows. This year new Windows will be out and your computer needs to be ready for that. New motherboards and other things might not support all XP features.

It's a difficult decision Emir as usual with things. XP is great and very stable now but yeah upgrading to Windows 7 which is looking great will be harder or you can get Vista which is really poor in my opinion and upgrade but your system will run poorly until the Windows 7 comes out. My advice is to get an XP 64 bit operating system and focus on making sure you have new components like DDR3 memory. I wouldn't get Vista. Just make sure you build it ready to go to Windows 7 which will be better than XP I believe smile.gif What Vista should have been basically.
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 9 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel for you Pedja,
I am switching to Mac for that same reason.
I'm sick of viruses and stuff!

I will never betray PC ! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 9 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What ? New Windows? It will take probably couple of updates until things start running smoothly. Until then XP should do the work !

QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Feb 9 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ouch, getting virus is always annoying.

I'd probably go for a new computer aswell if I was in your position (and had the money rolleyes.gif ), instead of setting this one up properly again just to have to do it soon again with a new computer. Plus it's always great to have an excuse to buy new stuff laugh.gif

Who said anything about having money ? laugh.gif
I will probably try to pay in some instalments - if they allow it smile.gif

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 9 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should get MalwareBytes man. That program is free and in my opinion the best out there., Give it a search on google and it'll sort your PC out in no time smile.gif

Will do OC thanks a lot man !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.