Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solo Writing
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
vampire18
up to now ive written some solos and riffs but only shreddy type scale running things.
what i cant seem to be able to do is write beutiful blusy bend vibrato type solo like marcus does here.
any tips on how to write an emotional solo?
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Feb 12 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
up to now ive written some solos and riffs but only shreddy type scale running things.
what i cant seem to be able to do is write beutiful blusy bend vibrato type solo like marcus does here.
any tips on how to write an emotional solo?

I think you need to slow down your rhythms , don't shred as much, focus on creating melodies that interact with rests between them and you should have it wink.gif
vampire18
it just doesnt sound soulful and briliant like those touchy feely solos, i alwayes get somthing very forced and not very good
-Zion-
i am definately no expert in solos

but i would guess that doing a really soulful melodic out-of-this-world heartfelt solo gotta be one of the hardest things to do on a guitar..
Ivan Milenkovic
I think the reason is you haven't focused on that kind of playing before mate. Just try to learn new licks and practice more bending and vibrato. Also you can post some video or audio clip of you playing so we can possibly comment what should be rehearsed.

cheers,
Ivan
vampire18
thx. i think ill practice some of marcuses lessons on beding and vibratos and a couple of ballad solos to get the feel.
fatb0t
Take the minor pentatonic scale, put on some Gary Moore records and follow what he's doing. Listen to those records four million times and some of it will wear off on ya'.

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.