Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweeping lesson with new guest instructor pavel!!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kristofer Dahl
Sweeping video lesson

Well here it is - our first guest lesson in a long time... biggrin.gif

Also - I am sure Pavel would like to hear what your requests/wishes for upcoming lessons are!

Don't forget to keep track of the daily updates of the recent fusion lesson also.

Kris biggrin.gif
Pavel
Just thought it could be nice if i post a pic of myself so you know how do i look like, so it is not the guitar that is talking in my lessons biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

P.S. that's not my room! That's a friend's mess! biggrin.gif
MickeM
I will get to both the fusion lesson and the sweeping lesson this week I hope. But I've sneak peaked at them both and I almost can't wait biggrin.gif

Pavel, I watched the video and that sweeping was awesome! And how nice of you go give the guitar and fingers a face too smile.gif
RIP Dime
Great lesson, really helped me with my sweeping. biggrin.gif Up till now I have only memorized all the minor and major arpeggio shapes, but after watching this lesson and learning the solo I'm gonna learn more and apply what I've learned from this lesson to those. Hope to see more from you! biggrin.gif
Pavel
Cool!

More difficult stuff comming soon - 5-string arpeggio shapes!! smile.gif

I am glad you liked the lesson!!!
Norven
I would like a very advanced Sweep lesson with much tapping in. Those techniques are my favourites smile.gif
ezravdb
QUOTE (Norven @ Jan 15 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like a very advanced Sweep lesson with much tapping in. Those techniques are my favourites smile.gif

heres a tip for you to make your own:
when you have chosen an arpeggio, try to visualize the inversion of that arpeggio in the same key in your head and just tap these notes after the sweep or something what you want. thats what pavel did in the example.
Pavel
QUOTE (Norven @ Jan 15 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'll get it! I also love that stuff! Gimme some time and you'll get it!
Norven
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jan 15 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres a tip for you to make your own:
when you have chosen an arpeggio, try to visualize the inversion of that arpeggio in the same key in your head and just tap these notes after the sweep or something what you want. thats what pavel did in the example.

Yes I know:) I have done that very much.biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 15 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll get it! I also love that stuff! Gimme some time and you'll get it!

Sounds lovely. CanĀ“t wait laugh.gif
Guitar Master123
Why can't you get to this in Video Lessons? I bet a lot of people have not seen it because it is not clear to get. Great lesson by the way.
RIP Dime
What? It's in 101 lessons. huh.gif
Pavel
Here is a short explanation about how to play sweeps with metronome. So i will include a separate part into my lessons devoted to playing with metronome.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 16 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a short explanation about how to play sweeps with metronome. So i will include a separate part into my lessons devoted to playing with metronome.

Excellent idea to add this to every lesson - maybe the ending video of each lesson could be about that.
Pavel
Yes we'll do that - 'cause sweeps are pretty tricky to play with metronome - yesterday i came up with a lick that has 29 notes per bar, so there are 6-tuplets, 7-tuplets and 32th notes included in one bar - nightmare to count!

That's why the last part will be playing lick with a metronome!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.