Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chords Library On Gmc?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
playaxeman
He GMC

Wouldn't it be nice to have a chord library (just like a scale and lick library)

It could be very helpful if you could see in a diagram the chords like E2 , E2 /G#, G#m/B, Amaj9

Matt23
I could try and set something like this up in the Wiki if you like.
playaxeman
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Feb 25 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Matt23

Sounds perfect mate.
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Feb 25 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that would be the perfect place for chord library!! smile.gif
helo92
this is a really cool idea smile.gif
mattacuk

That is an awsome idea! biggrin.gif
Matt23
Do you guys think it would be best if i put the chords in all different keys or just in one key so that you can just transpose the shapes.
playaxeman
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Feb 25 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you guys think it would be best if i put the chords in all different keys or just in one key so that you can just transpose the shapes.

Hello Matt23

Lets start simple and go for the last option, see how it goes.
sted
You could just put the shapes and what chord they are when played on different frets maybe?!?
audiopaal
I like this idea a lot, thanks smile.gif
Matt23
Ok I'll start this tomorrow. If anyone has any suggestions about this then I'd like to hear them. Also I plan to put all the chords in C, as in my opinion this is the msot common key. If anyone thinks another key would be more appropriate, I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers

Matt smile.gif
playaxeman
Ok Matt23

Suppose "c"is okay to start.

Mayby the weblink Emir send a couple of day ago about a tool for chords making can help

See this post by Emir: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry340568

Matt23
Thanks for the link, the program seems to work well. I was planning to use exploring guitar but I'm not sure now. Here's a comparison of both programs and I'll use whatever is most popular so please say which one you like best. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Pedja Simovic
Great idea, would love to see chord library on Wiki !
playaxeman
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Feb 25 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the link, the program seems to work well. I was planning to use exploring guitar but I'm not sure now. Here's a comparison of both programs and I'll use whatever is most popular so please say which one you like best. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Hello Matt23

Well do mate biggrin.gif

Both serve well i would think.

I would take the one that has the best options and is easy to use.

Maybe choose the one with options to put the fingering or the note name or Root, 3(thrid), 5 (fifth) etc

Rated Htr
Nice Idea, would stop using all guitar scales site tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.