Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boogie Collaboration
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Collaborations
Pages: 1, 2
Emir Hot
Hi guys

The collab is finished. I hope you had fun playing this one and hope you'll be back again smile.gif

Tell me what you think about this mix and if you have any suggestions.

Sorry for the bad Youtube quality. These videos are actualy better here in my computer. If anybody wants the original video you can PM me and I will send it in better quality.

Cheers

------------------------------------------------

Group 1

1. Ajmurrell

2. Col Roberts

3. Dexxter

4. enforcer

5. ErikEklund

6. JamesT

7. kaznie_NL

8. Marc_Maiden

Group 2

1. Paiva

2. Pedja Simovic

3. Rated Htr

4. Sergio Dorado

5. Smells

6. strat

7. Toroso

8. ztevie

Rated Htr
I'm pretty sure I made my mono but I could mistaken...Nice job from the first group smile.gif
Ajmurrell
I think the "recording in stereo" just clicked in my head. I was convinced I've never selected the option to record in stereo, but when I think about it, it records in stereo automatically.

Apologies there Emir! I was conscious of you not wanting it in stereo, just didn't realise that that was what I was recording it in!

Nice mix, the added effects sound awesome biggrin.gif
Emir Hot
Thank you AJ smile.gif Yes your one is stereo as well smile.gif I had to process 16 stereo tracks real time and all 16 filled with realtime plugins. My processor almost died smile.gif That's why we need mono and in the end of the day they would sound exactly the same if they were mono. Remember that for the future, it will help you if you ever need to mix something like this smile.gif
Ajmurrell
Will do man smile.gif Appreciate it must have been very annoying after making such a point about recording it in mono! Just didn't occur to me that I was recording in stereo. Next time I'll follow all the rules sir, promise smile.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 25 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you AJ smile.gif Yes your one is stereo as well smile.gif I had to process 16 stereo tracks real time and all 16 filled with realtime plugins. My processor almost died smile.gif That's why we need mono and in the end of the day they would sound exactly the same if they were mono. Remember that for the future, it will help you if you ever need to mix something like this smile.gif

Emir Hot
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Feb 25 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will do man smile.gif Appreciate it must have been very annoying after making such a point about recording it in mono! Just didn't occur to me that I was recording in stereo. Next time I'll follow all the rules sir, promise smile.gif

hehe sir, it's ok smile.gif
Toroso
Emir, I have been all over my software including the documentation. There is nothing for stereo/mono anywhere. I guess the downside of Mixcraft is it is a little too user friendly. Have to shop around for something else.
enforcer
I dont think my take was stereo biggrin.gif I never export in stereo so I am confident with it laugh.gif

Great mixing man, great job just awaiting for your comments. And thank you...

Cheers smile.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Toroso @ Feb 25 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Emir, I have been all over my software including the documentation. There is nothing for stereo/mono anywhere. I guess the downside of Mixcraft is it is a little too user friendly. Have to shop around for something else.

Is there an option similar to "insert new track" and you chose "mono"? I am sure there must be something like that. If not, can you chose mono when exporting the track?

QUOTE (enforcer @ Feb 25 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think my take was stereo biggrin.gif I never export in stereo so I am confident with it laugh.gif

Great mixing man, great job just awaiting for your comments. And thank you...

Cheers smile.gif

Your one was mono, well done smile.gif Great playing this time man
Pedja Simovic
Emir I hope my track was mono ?
ztevie
Do you mean that when exporting the tracks to mp3 it has to be mono aswell? If so, I have totally missed the point... ohmy.gif
I know I recorded guitar in a mono track in Cubase, but when exporting as a wav, and later convert to mp3, I didn't think of choosing mono there aswell... If that's the case I am guilty as charged, and will accept any damnation that is thrown upon me! wink.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 25 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you mean that when exporting the tracks to mp3 it has to be mono aswell? If so, I have totally missed the point... ohmy.gif
I know I recorded guitar in a mono track in Cubase, but when exporting as a wav, and later convert to mp3, I didn't think of choosing mono there aswell... If that's the case I am guilty as charged, and will accept any damnation that is thrown upon me! wink.gif

well the whole point is that the track comes to me as mono. In your case recording in mono didn't make sense if you exported in stereo in the end. Plus when you do that you have another channel conversion and losing quality like that. If it was mono, keep it mono when making the mp3 as well. Only the mixed track (with BT) should be stereo.
ztevie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 26 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well the whole point is that the track comes to me as mono. In your case recording in mono didn't make sense if you exported in stereo in the end. Plus when you do that you have another channel conversion and losing quality like that. If it was mono, keep it mono when making the mp3 as well. Only the mixed track (with BT) should be stereo.

OK, that explains it... I think that most of the stereotracks you got is because of this. I think everyone recorded in mono, but exported in stereo?
Sorry! huh.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 25 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, that explains it... I think that most of the stereotracks you got is because of this. I think everyone recorded in mono, but exported in stereo?
Sorry! huh.gif

In a proper studio there are no mp3 conversions at all. Mp3 compression kills the frequencies and the sound loses the quality. They always keep the raw wav file but for this purpose mp3 is ok because it's not a large file to upload/download. Also, every mp3 should be at least 192kbps and 44.1KHz. I received some tracks in 22KHz and the sound is completely destroyed
Col Roberts
QUOTE (Toroso @ Feb 26 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Toroso,
I use Mixcraft too. To make a mono mp3, select File, then Mix Down to => mp3, then in the "Save Your Mix" window click the "Edit Details" button, then in the "MP3 Files Setup" window click the Configure button, then in the "Configure MP3 Settings Window" select "Mono" from the Mode dropdown panel. Remember that when you next start up Mixcraft it will retain the Mono setting. If you have any further questions you can PM me.

Cheers.
Dexxter
I hope mine is mono. Otherwise I apologise and will look it up. Looking forward to more awesome comments smile.gif
playaxeman
Emir and all the others guys who did this cab,

This sounds awesome, there are pretty good takes/ guitarist in this cab.

( there is a lot of talent at GMC if i may say so, which is hopefully an encouragement for the rest to do the best they can to be as good as these guy's here .....)

Also nice is the rock and jazz mix into one.

Toroso
QUOTE (Col Roberts @ Feb 26 2009, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Toroso,
I use Mixcraft too. To make a mono mp3, select File, then Mix Down to => mp3, then in the "Save Your Mix" window click the "Edit Details" button, then in the "MP3 Files Setup" window click the Configure button, then in the "Configure MP3 Settings Window" select "Mono" from the Mode dropdown panel. Remember that when you next start up Mixcraft it will retain the Mono setting. If you have any further questions you can PM me.

Cheers.

Hah! Thanks Col! smile.gif I'll check that out asap.
ErikEklund
I am so sorry if my take was stereo, thats a major misstake from me!

Great takes and great mixing! smile.gif
kaznie_NL
Thanks Emir! Please take your time!
Emir Hot
Hi guys

I found one take which has the same part 1 and part 2 so I am waiting for the correct file. Sorry about that. I hope it will arrive today.
enforcer
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 26 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys

I found one take which has the same part 1 and part 2 so I am waiting for the correct file. Sorry about that. I hope it will arrive today.

You will start to send comments after the mix of all groups is done?
Emir Hot
QUOTE (enforcer @ Feb 26 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You will start to send comments after the mix of all groups is done?

I thought I would post the second mix today and all the videos in 2 days but you see I have a problem smile.gif Maybe I will start posting videos one by one.
enforcer
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 26 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought I would post the second mix today and all the videos in 2 days but you see I have a problem smile.gif Maybe I will start posting videos one by one.

Hehehe that would work for me laugh.gif

But seriously, take your time bro, do whatever you think its the best... smile.gif
Ajmurrell
Yeah, you could post them one by one - starting with.... oh what a suprise! Me! well that works nicely biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 26 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Feb 26 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, you could post them one by one - starting with.... oh what a suprise! Me! well that works nicely biggrin.gif

Haha tongue.gif
Emir Hot
I am half way now. Need to go to play a gig tonight. Continuing tomorrow...
enforcer
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 27 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am half way now. Need to go to play a gig tonight. Continuing tomorrow...

biggrin.gif Great!
Pedja Simovic
Take your time Emir ...
Emir Hot
I uploaded mix for the group 2. Videos are going slowly, I have been busy as hell. 1 or 2 more days and they will be posted.
Sergio Dorado
The mix is very well done. You use delay and reverb with great quality Great job!
Rated Htr
Since my 2nd part was lost because of my pc you repeated my first part...That was cool smile.gif

Sorry, next time I'll try to avoid that mistake
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Mar 1 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The mix is very well done. You use delay and reverb with great quality Great job!

Thank you Sergio

QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 1 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since my 2nd part was lost because of my pc you repeated my first part...That was cool smile.gif

Sorry, next time I'll try to avoid that mistake

Yes and I added some distortion so it sounds a bit different from the part 1. It took me 45min for it smile.gif You should always double check what you are sending. I could hear the start of your second part on the same track but you cut it - it didn't export the whole thing. That means you didn't record on 2 separate tracks as I explained. Also, backup is a golden rule. If this happened to me when I am doing some session work, I would never get the job again. Just a friendly advice smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Very nice 2nd mix Emir
Thank for including my take man smile.gif
Rated Htr
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 2 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes and I added some distortion so it sounds a bit different from the part 1. It took me 45min for it smile.gif You should always double check what you are sending. I could hear the start of your second part on the same track but you cut it - it didn't export the whole thing. That means you didn't record on 2 separate tracks as I explained. Also, backup is a golden rule. If this happened to me when I am doing some session work, I would never get the job again. Just a friendly advice smile.gif

Yeah, My mistake, sorry about the work you had to made...To bad my laptop went down and I lost all the stuff in the same period, next collab I'll make double check, sorry about it once again, thanks wink.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 2 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, My mistake, sorry about the work you had to made...To bad my laptop went down and I lost all the stuff in the same period, next collab I'll make double check, sorry about it once again, thanks wink.gif

It's ok smile.gif I know the feeling when the system goes down. It happened many times to me as well
Dexxter
Hey Emir, how's it going with the videos? smile.gif
enforcer
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Mar 5 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Emir, how's it going with the videos? smile.gif

Man, you just read my mind!
Emir Hot
I thought I would finish last night. They should have been posted but I had a problem with the neighbour smile.gif The guy has been drilling the wall for 3 days and I just couldn't record. I left the horrible niose in one of the videos so you can see how nice it was smile.gif Now it's 2am so I can't continue because I would wake up people arround but I hope I can post them all by 1pm today.
enforcer
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 5 2009, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought I would finish last night. They should have been posted but I had a problem with the neighbour smile.gif The guy has been drilling the wall for 3 days and I just couldn't record. I left the horrible niose in one of the videos so you can see how nice it was smile.gif Now it's 2am so I can't continue because I would wake up people arround but I hope I can post them all by 1pm today.

Thank you man, we all appreciate all your efforts about this. Despite all the troubles you went into, I am sure everything will be allright biggrin.gif

Sergio Dorado
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 5 2009, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should have been posted but I had a problem with the neighbour smile.gif The guy has been drilling the wall for 3 days and I just couldn't record.

I understand you. I´ve been three or four weeks like that. A man bought the floor below of mine. He seems a good person, but he is reforming all the apartment. So I´ve can´t record any lesson last month. But today seems a great day: there aren´t any noise, the sun shines ( when it´s raining I also can´t record because of noise of rain drops, and limited light), so I´m start record inmediately... before the neighboor starts to put some picture in the wall. At 1pm I will do a break to see your comments. I´m impatient!
Emir Hot
I will post the whole group 1 very soon. The 2nd group is being uploaded to Youtube and it really takes time. Plus it takes time for Youtube to process them after the upload. I am doing my best today. I started at 6am to render the videos. Youtube really cut like 40% of the picture and the sound quality. It would have been better if I uploaded the videos here like last time but Kristofer said that Youtube is better because we are not keep the GMC server too busy. Sorry about that quality thing but I hope it's still recognisable enough.
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 5 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will post the whole group 1 very soon. The 2nd group is being uploaded to Youtube and it really takes time. Plus it takes time for Youtube to process them after the upload. I am doing my best today. I started at 6am to render the videos. Youtube really cut like 40% of the picture and the sound quality. It would have been better if I uploaded the videos here like last time but Kristofer said that Youtube is better because we are not keep the GMC server too busy. Sorry about that quality thing but I hope it's still recognisable enough.

I`m sure they will be fine Emir smile.gif

So long as we can hear your comments then thats the aim, take your time, no need to burst a vein to get them done quickly, all your efforts are very much appreciated, looking forward to seeing them smile.gif
Sergio Dorado
If you yesterday at 2 am were wake up, and today at 6 you was rendering videos... do you sleep only 4 hours? Relax man, rest and sleep enough, so we need you healthy to share with us your great work...
Take your time!
Pedja Simovic
Emir take your time man. I know you have a gig also tonight !
Its worth waiting for wink.gif
Emir Hot
Don't worry guys I am made of steel plus I'm Hot smile.gif hahaha

The first group is here (check the first post). The second one is being uploaded to youtube. It will take a couple of more hours.

Sorry again for the Youtube terrible quality. If some of you want better quality you can PM me and I will send the original file.
Pedja Simovic
Great videos Emir

Col Roberts one is legendary laugh.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 5 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great videos Emir

Col Roberts one is legendary laugh.gif

Hahaha thanks man. I have just posted your video.

You see how nice time I had for 3 days of drilling smile.gif These videos could have been here 3 days ago if the neighbour wasn't doing it.
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 5 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha thanks man. I have just posted your video.

You see how nice time I had for 3 days of drilling smile.gif These videos could have been here 3 days ago if the neighbour wasn't doing it.

Your neighbor was sabotaging you thats for sure smile.gif
So loud its crazy ! I have one neighbor that drill always during lunch time and evening , but luckily I only hear him when I am in living room - noise doesn't come to my room smile.gif

I will check my video and let you know what I think !
David Wallimann
Nice job everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.