Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Assignments
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > MTP - The Mentored Training Program > Tolek
Tolek
Hey guys! smile.gif
In this topic, I´ll give you some homework to do. Please don´t post in this topic in order to keep it as clean as possible. If you have any questions, please ask them in this topic.
The first group assignment is coming tonight or tomorrow!

Please subscribe to this topic!
Tolek
Assignment #1

I´ve read that all of you want to learn theory or apply it. I had a talk with Andrew yesterday after which I came up

with the first homework for you. I know that a lot of guitarists ask themselves "What the heck am I playing?", me

included. Sometimes, especially for beginners, it is difficult to find it out. And this is the topic we´re going to

cover during the next few days/weeks.
We´ll start with learning the notes on the first 5 frets. Have a look at this video:

Here is the tab plus notes that I used in the video:
Click to view attachment

Now, you ask me "What the heck did you play?", concerning the chords. As I already said, I chose only the notes without # and b, namely C D E F G A B. This is the C Major scale. We have the following chords:
  • C Major (C E G)
  • D minor (D F A)
  • E minor (E G B )
  • F Major (F A C)
  • G Major (G B D)
  • A minor (A C E)
  • B minor7 dim5 (B D F A) (I took this 7th chord because it is easier fret)

Is this clear? If not, then just ask me! smile.gif

And now go practising.
Good luck,
Tolek
Tolek
Assignment #2
Welcome to assignment 2. smile.gif Today, we´re gonna talk about the notes and chords from the frets 5 to 12 in C Major. Here´s the explanation video:

And here´s the tab:

This time, I´ll set a deadline. Let´s say Saturday, 25th April 2009.

Everything´s fine? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.