Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jerry's Jimmi Hendrix Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Andrew6
Hey again, just me uploading another lesson on my quest for better rhythm playing. I decided to step out of my box on this one and try something different. At first this lesson was really hard as I am used to playing strictly metal and this introduced a lot of different techniques to me i.e using the thumb on chords, muted strums and some cool hendrix licks cool.gif . let me know what you guys think !

berko
Man, so great you're recording your stuff in such a pace cool.gif

This was great, you definitely felt the vibe of it! You're becoming more and more confident on each vid. And also: the tone, very well set. What did you use for that?

Rock on man, great playing what you have just presented here
Andrew6
QUOTE (berko @ Mar 1 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, so great you're recording your stuff in such a pace cool.gif

This was great, you definitely felt the vibe of it! You're becoming more and more confident on each vid. And also: the tone, very well set. What did you use for that?

Rock on man, great playing what you have just presented here

Thanks a lot! yeah the last 3 weeks i've learned quite a few lessons, im really playing a lot these days. The tone each time is through my korg ax5g toneworks and my behringer GX210 amp, I modify the presets until I am happy and for this one I actually used the single coil and half of the back humbucker to give it a kind of mellow tone more along the lines of what jerry had.
berko
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 1 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot! yeah the last 3 weeks i've learned quite a few lessons, im really playing a lot these days. The tone each time is through my korg ax5g toneworks and my behringer GX210 amp, I modify the presets until I am happy and for this one I actually used the single coil and half of the back humbucker to give it a kind of mellow tone more along the lines of what jerry had.

Well I though it wasn't the ibanez humbucker. and ofc Jerry has some advantages with his jazzy-bluesy washburns. anyway, i liked the idea that you did a take on a lesson in another style other than metal.

great work once again
Pedja Simovic
I like it ! Shows you are doing good work, just practice it a bit more and you will nail the whole thing I am positive on that.
Jerry Arcidiacono
Nice take Andrew, thanks for sharing.
As Pedja said with more practice you will be more confident with this style of playing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.