Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deleting Posts
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > GMC site feedback & suggestions
Toroso
Is it possible to delete our own posts if we have made an error such as posting in the wrong location?
DeepRoots
No, but you can edit your post anytime or contact a mod via PM if you think you've made a big mistake somewhere
Saoirse O'Shea
I've gone back and deleted one of the ones (the 'info' topic) that you asked to be deleted Toroso as it was only your message to delete it but the other I've left as there's a reply in the thread.

If you still want that one deleting I'll contact the poster first and let him know smile.gif .

And DR is absolutely right if you need a thread moving, deleting etc contact a mod.
David Wallimann
I edit mine quite a bit as I often make mistakes...
Toroso
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 13 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've gone back and deleted one of the ones (the 'info' topic) that you asked to be deleted Toroso as it was only your message to delete it but the other I've left as there's a reply in the thread.

If you still want that one deleting I'll contact the poster first and let him know smile.gif .

And DR is absolutely right if you need a thread moving, deleting etc contact a mod.

That would be cool if you would. smile.gif I'm just trying not to trash up our MTP forum with my goof ups. huh.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Sure np Toroso - I'll pm him.

I've also temporarily locked that thread just to stop anyone else posting there in the mean time smile.gif .
Andrew Cockburn
In general, if we come a cross a post or topic saying "please delete" we will if its an obvious dupe or something similar. Also, yes, you can always PM us and we will help out.
Toroso
Thanks guys! smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Deleted now Toroso. Steve's a nice guy and was fine with it smile.gif .
Ivan Milenkovic
Editing your post with something like: "Wrong post location, mods please delete" or contacting (our rockin smile.gif ) mods team will do the trick.
Bogdan Radovic
We have such nice mods so don't worry Toroso if you make mistakes - it happens...Generally it would not be good for everyone to have the delete function for their posts, and EDIT function (which not all forums have turned on all the time) is very functional for later on corrections etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.