Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Groove Phrasing Collaboration
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Collaborations
Aleksander Sukovic
This is the upload thread for 'Groove Phrasing' collab.

I need an upload of your take with and without the backing track.

For more info click HERE
Artemus
I guess I'm the first then..

I've trimmed it down to size now, which wasn't easy - I had so many ideas for this. Anyhow, I did want to include things that weren't too cliche or pentatonic but in the end I've gone the other way. Some of my ideas were dorian or mixo based and moved around a bit but they wouldn't work on their own; great as a bridge or something but slapped into the middle of funky blues scale riff it didn't quite fit. More like a mitten than a lovely smug glove. These were the licks I ended up removing.
Anyhow, I've included a few techniques to hold interest: slap and pop, fingerpicking, sweep-tap (with slide), Hendrix-style bash-the-strings groovin', blues pre-bending and some boring alternate picking. I've still retained a little dorian and mixolyd use either with chord tones/scales or chords of minor7 or dom7 chords.
Hope that it's all peachy and you like
Oh and I transcribed what I did so I've attached the guitarpro file if anyone is interested..

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
kaznie_NL
So Here's my fast improv take... It S@cks big time, but anyway wink.gif Oh, little tip: insert four clicks before the BT!

@Artemus: Wow wink.gif
Alex Lewis
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

On the deadline date but i finallyt got round to recording something only had like spare half hour so dont expect much ok guys!

Alex
Ognjen Protic
Eve ti wink.gif
Dexxter
Sorry for delaying the collab, didn't think I was the only one you were waiting for... anyway here's my take smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Artemus
Any news on feedback for this collab?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.