Artemus
Heh. Beats my Audigy 2 ZS
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks guys! smile.gif

More (i hope cool) reviews coming soon! smile.gif
wrk
Thanks Ivan, this is an interesting review smile.gif

AlexLion
Thanks a lot mate!! I use Emu 1616 so things about patchmix gonna help me:) It`s sure not user friendly =|
enforcer
Great review Ivan, job done very well here mate!

But I personnally prefere my Delta LT1010, there are pros and cons of each card as you mentioned, but the thing that I love with my Delta is the fact that it is M-Powered, so I can use Protools LE with it laugh.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (enforcer @ Apr 1 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great review Ivan, job done very well here mate!

But I personnally prefere my Delta LT1010, there are pros and cons of each card as you mentioned, but the thing that I love with my Delta is the fact that it is M-Powered, so I can use Protools LE with it laugh.gif

Thanks! smile.gif

Yes each card has it's own pros&cons, and it is all matter of personal preference (and outboard gear available). So I think both cards are good choice in that price range. I haven't tried Delta1010LT card, so I cannot actually compare them directly, but just wanted to give some specs comparison. I'm sure Delta is great, and it is suitable for ProTools platform. There is something for everybody out there (thank god!) smile.gif
Trond Vold
Awesome review! smile.gif
E-Mu products rock.
Dejan Farkas
Great review Ivan, as always smile.gif
Fran
Yet another awesome review, thanks Ivan!
jer
I have had my 1212m for about 3 years now.

AWESOME.

Just awesome.

I have gotten more than a few compliments on my recorded guitar tones with it.

I use a analog mixer in front of it. The mixer goes out to the 1212m. Thats where I get all my inputs, preamps, etc.

VERY versitile.

My only compliant with it is I dont care for patchmix. And lately I am getting static in my sound if I am having any net traffic on my pc.

Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (jer @ Apr 1 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had my 1212m for about 3 years now.

AWESOME.

Just awesome.

I have gotten more than a few compliments on my recorded guitar tones with it.

I use a analog mixer in front of it. The mixer goes out to the 1212m. Thats where I get all my inputs, preamps, etc.

VERY versitile.

My only compliant with it is I dont care for patchmix. And lately I am getting static in my sound if I am having any net traffic on my pc.

That's great man! smile.gif I'm guessing in your case you are using it primarily as a stereo digital recorder device which is great, cause it has good converters. Strange thing about static noise, haven't experienced that problem unsure.gif
jer
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 1 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's great man! smile.gif I'm guessing in your case you are using it primarily as a stereo digital recorder device which is great, cause it has good converters. Strange thing about static noise, haven't experienced that problem unsure.gif

Exactly. Its the converters. Same as ProTools HD systems I think I read.

I run any mics, Boss GT-10, Digitech GSP-1101, Line 6 Pod, whatever, to the mixer. Then the mixer to the 1212m.

Plus music playback via the 1212m and my powered monitors is awesome. I sold my (rather awesome) home stereo speakers a long time ago since it sounded better in front of my pc.

Ivan Milenkovic
I agree, the sound quality is awesome. The difference is obvious between uncompressed and compressed audio for example.
jer
oh yeah. For sure.

Farmer Joe
Ahhh yes, the good ol 1212m, I've had it for 4 years or a little more and have loved it. It's true that you have to incorporate outboard gear. I bought a small yamaha mixer for about $120, a preamp for about $120 because idid not like the sound of the 48v phantom power on the mixer for my condensors plus itgave me a hi-z instrument input, and a headphone amp for about $99 dollars so that everyone could listen during recording and tracking. So I didn't spend too much, and I got affordable external pieces that I liked. But the souncard in itself is great. If all you need is 2 inputs, or can deal with only recording 2 tracks at a time, then it's perfect.
Good review man smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks mate! smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
I too have had a 1212m for around 4 years, and I have to say it is every bit as awesome as Ivan described - I have my outputs hooked up to a pair of Adam A7s - balanced outputs for great hum rejection. On the input side I have a Twintrak Pro which includes Mic preamps etc. I also have expanded to 10 ins and outs using a Behringher Ultragain that I hooked up to the ADTA ports to give me the extra 8 ins and outs.

As Ivan says, it is cheap because it starts with nothing, but you can make it the heart of an extremely competent system!
jer
*runs off to look up Behringer Ultragain*

This?

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/produ...rter?sku=182483

Ivan Milenkovic
That's the one. Andrew's choice of gear was something that led me to 1212m in the first place. The Ultragain is a great way to expand the 1212m via optics and with very reasonable price. Other good solution could be SM Pro Audio AB-8, or possibly SM Pro Audio A08+SM Pro Audio PR8E combo. Both choices are ~300$, second being a bit cheaper.
jer
I had no idea I could do that.

All along I figured a $400 firepod was my only option for being able to record more than 2 tracks at once.

This is truly AWESOME!

Andrew, enlighten us a bit more on using these 2 things together. What works well? Not so well? Roadblocks? Trouble spots?

Or has it all been smooth sailing?

I would use this for capturing a live band. Either mics or direct feeds from modelers would be my sources. Into Sonar 7.

Is the PCI interface solid for this????

Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (jer @ Apr 2 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the PCI interface solid for this????

I will answer only on this question: Of course! smile.gif
jer
superior to firewire?
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (jer @ Apr 3 2009, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
superior to firewire?

I can't say really, this depends of the other components in the system, but I never red/experienced any problems with both firewire or PCI interfaces. I cannot compare them as well, cause I never heard about one interface being made in both firewire and PCI versions, so we can check statistics. In general - I think they are both good for connecting the audio system to PC mainboard.
Roadside
great review, ivan ! Realy helped me =)
Sensible Jones
Great review Ivan!! I shall transfer it to the Wiki as well!!!!
smile.gif
opeth.db
Nice review Ivan. Ill be buying one soon! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome man, I would be interested to hear your experience with it! Cheers smile.gif
kahall
QUOTE (jer @ Apr 2 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*runs off to look up Behringer Ultragain*

This?

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/produ...rter?sku=182483

I use the line 6 stuff since I am still having a hard enough time with just the guitar. But I do like to read about and check out the links you guys post. Every time someone posts a link to musciansfriend.com that goes directly to a product, I am blocked from viewing it. I can go to the URL musciansfriend.com, but even then I am unable to browse to the different online store departments. Is that common? What is the deal with that? I always have to copy the item number in the link here and go check it out at guitarcenter.com.
Ivan Milenkovic
You mean the link that you posted doesn't work? It works fine with me, I don't know what could be the problem mate.
BTW, I usually check out gear using this method:

- mark the name of the model and press google search button on my logitech mouse

if you don't have this option, you can do the following:

- mark the name of the model, hold ctrl and press in the following order: c, t, e, v. release ctrl and press enter in the end. this will open new tab with google results.
jer
- mark the name of the model, hold ctrl and press in the following order: c, t, e, v. release ctrl and press enter in the end. this will open new tab with google results.

dang! Thats a cool shortcut!
Ivan Milenkovic
thanks! hope it helps smile.gif
Sensible Jones
Now in the Wiki on it's own page!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks a lot man, great job in translating it into wiki - respect! smile.gif

I will put some more stuff soon, some EHX effect pedals that I got wink.gif
Pedja Simovic
Very nice review Ivan !
Ivan Milenkovic
Thank you Pedja smile.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 14 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot man, great job in translating it into wiki - respect! smile.gif

I will put some more stuff soon, some EHX effect pedals that I got wink.gif

Thanks for the great article!!!

I'll put the others in as soon as you post them!!!

smile.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.