Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: strat sound
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
carlos
hey kris, how do you get that strat you play to sound like it has humbuckes in it? i cant get my strat to sound like that no matter how much distortion i put on it! any help or sugestions?what kind of amp or epuiptment are you using?
Zee Deveel
May be his pickups, I gotta say his Strat does sound really good. Try putting a short delay on your sound to beef it up a bit and play around with the EQ, or you could put in a Seymour Duncan JB Jr or something. If I had a strat though, I'd want it to sound like a "Strat", if you know what I mean?
Molgan
what model does he got? It looks like a deluxe, American or Mexican?
Liam
QUOTE (Molgan @ Feb 9 2007, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what model does he got? It looks like a deluxe, American or Mexican?

made in Corona ,California biggrin.gif american deluxe ash strat. aged cherry burst maple.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0101400752
jete124
I had a question about Strats can they play a more metal sound effectively like a Guns n Roses or a Zepp sound, or do they sound to 'thin' for that?
carlos
QUOTE (jete124 @ Feb 10 2007, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a question about Strats can they play a more metal sound effectively like a Guns n Roses or a Zepp sound, or do they sound to 'thin' for that?

my strat has the texas pickups but it still sounds "thin" compared to humbuckers.
Liam
There are Fenders with humbuckers . they would sound great , I guess . ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.