Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schecter C-1 Apocalypse Arrived Today!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Praetorian
Guys...I LOVE this guitar! It looks 100 times better in person than it does in pictures! It is very unique...I have never seen a guitar like it. It is called the Apocalypse...but I can't decide if it looks more like it survived a nuclear war...or if it looks more like it was pulled up off the bottom of the ocean after being sunk for 60 years! I was also very pleased with how it plays! I only have a few hours of playing on it, but have already gotten used to the fret markers. As I stated before though...if you look closely at the gears, they are in fact on the correct frets as regular fret markers! Another cool thing about this guitar...it is limited edition. There are only 100 sold in the US! Not sure how many worldwide.

The body and the hardware really do look like they are rusty and old. The sustain on this guitar is very good for passive pickups and a bolt on neck. I also find that bending notes seems to be much easier on this than my Ibanez...not sure why. Check it out!

\m/
g-forcelover
I want that thing! how much is one new? congrats for your new awesome guitar
Praetorian
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ May 28 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want that thing! how much is one new? congrats for your new awesome guitar

It lists around $600...I got a really good deal on this one!
Guitarman700
They only made 100 of them, and now theyre gone.
Awesome Guitar.
skennington
Congrats Ben, looks really cool and most importantly, I'm glad your happy with the feel of it in your hands! smile.gif Wish you two many rocking days together.. cool.gif
Praetorian
QUOTE (skennington @ May 28 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats Ben, looks really cool and most importantly, I'm glad your happy with the feel of it in your hands! smile.gif Wish you two many rocking days together.. cool.gif

Thanks bro! I have been hammering away on Lian's Death Metal Rhythm Guitar Part 1 lesson with it...it sounds awesome!
skennington
QUOTE (Praetorian @ May 28 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bro! I have been hammering away on Lian's Death Metal Rhythm Guitar Part 1 lesson with it...it sounds awesome!

That lesson seems to fit the bill quite nicely! wink.gif
Praetorian
QUOTE (skennington @ May 28 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That lesson seems to fit the bill quite nicely! wink.gif

Sure does! First thing I did when I took it out of the box was tune it down a half step like Lian does in his lessons...it gave it a much harder edge!
besip
verry nice guitar and Finish
Congratulaction i'm envy cool.gif

btw -where did you buy it??? this beauty
Velvet Roger
Awesome Ben, have a lot of fun with this great guitar smile.gif
midnight
That's a cool guitar! Wish they made it in a lefty.

Just looking at it makes you want to write some heavy, twisted music.

Congrats. Have fun.
del-4fr53e3
Looks really cool, congrats! smile.gif
AlexLion
Congrats! Really fantastic buying you did! Need some videos smile.gif
berko
Schecters are awesome, this guitar is awesome... I'm really glad that you made the decision! Rock on cool.gif
Lian Gerbino
man!!!!!! I´m in love smile.gif
Marcus Siepen
Very cool and unusual looking guitar, congratulations.
Praetorian
QUOTE (besip @ May 28 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
verry nice guitar and Finish
Congratulaction i'm envy cool.gif

btw -where did you buy it??? this beauty

I took a chance and bought it on ebay...it worked out perfectly - but I was quite nervous buying a guitar that I had never played before!
Fran
Wow that guitar looks killer!!, congrats!
sted
Very distinctive, seen pictures of these and was thinking"wtf?" must be the ultimate relic guitar! Only thing I dont like is the back is as a new guitar! Whats the point in that? Kind of weird having the two finishes but its still killer mate, great purchase!
kaznie_NL
It looks.... AMAZING wink.gif Cool guitar Ben!
Joruus
Looks Great!
Congrats smile.gif
synfection
man i really want one.
ZakkWylde
Awesome!

The ONLY let down is that you can't get other pickups in that design if you want to swap the standard ones...
synfection
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 29 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome!

The ONLY let down is that you can't get other pickups in that design if you want to swap the standard ones...

oh.. i never thought about that. i guess i'ed still want it tho
Praetorian
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 29 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome!

They are just the pickup covers...you could swap them onto other pickups couldn't you? Anyway...I am thrilled with how these sound! Much better than I expected to be honest!
jer
QUOTE (Praetorian @ May 29 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are just the pickup covers...you could swap them onto other pickups couldn't you? Anyway...I am thrilled with how these sound! Much better than I expected to be honest!

If that doesnt work you could always get some that work with covers. Buy the covers. Start a nuclear war. Leave these outside.

Come back when the war is over.

VIOLA! Problem solved.
Praetorian
QUOTE (jer @ May 29 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that doesnt work you could always get some that work with covers. Buy the covers. Start a nuclear war. Leave these outside.

Come back when the war is over.

VIOLA! Problem solved.

lol!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
besip
QUOTE (Praetorian @ May 29 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took a chance and bought it on ebay...it worked out perfectly - but I was quite nervous buying a guitar that I had never played before!

haha laugh.gif i'm was remember like you say few month ago how your girlfriend hate when u go to guitar shop{last time u was buy the White Fender i belive}

i was check e-bay and they are few selers of the same type of the Guitar actualy if i be have few hundred or better thousand dolars left i be thing about the baby biggrin.gif but my plane is to buy podx3 and something like Esp EC now {in future} but my mind changing fast...haha

anyway i cant wait for the sound test cool.gif
Santiago Diaz Garces
Congrats man!!. I really like how it looks. We want to see you playing with that guitar!!
audiopaal
WOW, that looks awesome!!!
Congrats man biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.