Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems With Recording For Rec Progam
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Video Recording
Pio Jr.
Goal: Try to record a GMC lesson with guitar and backingtrack for the rec program

hardware: dell xps, webcam, toneport UX2, amp

Problem: I have a web cam on my computer and use my toneport UX2. My computer uses the sound card of the toneport. If I play the backingtrack, i hear the sound through my toneport in my amplifier. If I start podfarm I can hear my guitar with all the fx. So that's ok.

If I start recording with my webcam and start the backingtrack on GMC. I can hear everything while playing. (guitar and backings)
If I play my web cam recording I only hear my guitar (without the backingtrack)

Probably I did forgot something to connect. Any ideas?

Ps: the line out, microphone and headset connection on my computer I didn't use. computer is only connected with usb of the toneport.
Fran
You should try asking the instructor for the backing .mp3 and recording along with it in reaper. There you get your sound file.
At the same time, shoot the vid without sound.
Then mix both vid & sound with movie maker or any other software.

At least that's how I do it and works fine smile.gif
Good luck!
Ivan Milenkovic
As Fran suggested, ask instructor to give you the backing track, they will be happy to provide it smile.gif
After that you open a project in DAW, insert backing on one track, and record yourself on another track. Than you render that and replace the audio in the video with some video editing application.
Alexiaden93
This isn't my thread, but thanks for the information ! I was confused about this as well ! smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Hmm, which video software are you using to capture(record) form the web cam? You need to set in that software's options - Toneport as your sound recording source (primary audio device)...
Boson
I have had the same problem. sad.gif

Boson
QUOTE (Boson @ Sep 19 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had the same problem. sad.gif

I have now solved my problem! Sort of.

I bought a new cam the Logitech 900Pro which is recommended by lots of GMCers.

It has a good quality lens and a half decent mic and easy to use software.

The image quality is good.

For the MTP and REC programmes I intend to simply use the camera mic. Whilst not giving the best sound it is adequate for that purpose, and the problem described above does not matter.

If I want to make a good quality audio track then I shall use reaper.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.