Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestion On Steel Acoustic
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Xuestor
Hey! I need some suggestions on a new acoustic. I'm looking for a concert type body, the ones that are a bit smaller and more comfortable to play.

Max price is about 500USD.

I know that Martin has some model that should be fairly good, any more I should know of?
Saoirse O'Shea
I think Takamine and Seagull should have some concert size acoustics in that price range. Both tend to get good reviews.

Martin make some great guitars but I'm not sure if the 'bottom end' of their price range is as consistent quality wise as their more expensive ones.
Startear
washburn, washburn D10S
Emir Hot
Every company has models between 200 and 2000$, sometimes even more.

I am sure you can find some nice one for 500$. Check Martin, Taylor, Ovation, Takamine etc... Yamaha has some good models with a good balance of price/value. APX models are good.
Xuestor
QUOTE (Startear @ Jun 5 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
washburn, washburn D10S

These are Dreadnought guitars aren't they? I'm looking for "concert" or "grand concert" guitars. They are slimmer and more handy to play.
Startear
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Jun 5 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are Dreadnought guitars aren't they? I'm looking for "concert" or "grand concert" guitars. They are slimmer and more handy to play.

i've seen concert version of this one, you should check it out, not sure abour price though, D10SCE
audiopaal
I'd get a Guild or a Takamine smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I suggest some Takamine models man. They are great for around 500$, and they have couple of smaller body models as well. I'm not sure of the exact model number, they put some acquard labels on their acoustics unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.