Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Work Sucks!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Trond Vold
I thought i was finally going to get some good quality guitar-time in the summer months after having spent most of the year stuck behind a desk at work!
But seems like vacation-time is still not an option due to a situation with currently low personell sad.gif

..and when i get home almost all of the day is gone and there's other stuff to take care off.
Upside is that i've got a nice dosage of overtime clocked inn smile.gif So i've been GAS'ing a bit at ebay biggrin.gif

Anyone else up for writing a petition to the worlds governments about adding a few more hours to the day? smile.gif

jafomatic
I would sign that petition. Twice, if allowed wink.gif
skennington
Haha Trond, glad to hear from you man! smile.gif I vote yes, oh wait, I'd rather have 3-day weekend's while were wishing... laugh.gif
Santiago Diaz Garces
Skennington idea is awesome! I'll vote you for president!. Hahaha
lcsdds
Someone was on a 3 day binge when they came up with the work week. It was supposed to be 2 days of work and a 5 day weekend....... tongue.gif laugh.gif With the same pay of course.....\m/\m/
Alexiaden93
I'm not working yet, but I can sure say that 5 days of school and parents dragging me to the cabin in the mountains every week can be extremely negative effects for my guitar playing ! smile.gif I would sign the petition as well, if under 18's are allowed ! biggrin.gif
Toroso
I'm not up for adding more hours to the day. But they can have some of the work hours back. I don't want them. biggrin.gif
Bogdan Radovic
I wouldn't mind for few extra hours in a day! smile.gif
edguy
Same here Trond. I need more time for practicing. I come home late from work and try to sit down at least an hour, but mostly i am tired and it is hard to practice/play in a good way. A petition to the companys is way better. Maybe i have to look for a teleworking company that i can work from my home office smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 11 2009, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha Trond, glad to hear from you man! smile.gif I vote yes, oh wait, I'd rather have 3-day weekend's while were wishing... laugh.gif

+1 biggrin.gif
NoSkill
I have no words of wisdom here. Life in my house is hectic on a good day. Too much to do, too many demands on my time with work, too little time to do what I most love. I hope you find a balance. I never have.

Cheers!
The Uncreator
Actually its the reverse for me, Were not allowed to have overtime, And were expected to "donate" time for free, which is illegal. And I would love overtime for the extra cash! laugh.gif
audiopaal
You're talking Trond?
I'm alone in the IT department for three weeks with around the clock duty as well..
Which basically means I'm working and on call for three weeks non stop sad.gif

God, I can't wait till my vacation comes along biggrin.gif

edited for references not suitable for GMC - Kris
Fran
+1 on the 30 hour day petition laugh.gif

Look on the bright side Trond, you'll get lots of new toys to fiddle with once you recover your free time smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Man, I would sign that petition at once, but because of the 2-3 hours of extra sleep I would have! smile.gif
The Uncreator
Why can't we all be superman? Or Bruce Dickinson or something, that guy lives in like 50 hours days laugh.gif
Alexiaden93
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 13 2009, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why can't we all be superman? Or Bruce Dickinson or something, that guy lives in like 50 hours days laugh.gif

On Wikipedia it says that Bruce plays guitar, is this true ? biggrin.gif
blindwillie
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jul 11 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought i was finally going to get some good quality guitar-time in the summer months after having spent most of the year stuck behind a desk at work!
But seems like vacation-time is still not an option due to a situation with currently low personell sad.gif

..and when i get home almost all of the day is gone and there's other stuff to take care off.
Upside is that i've got a nice dosage of overtime clocked inn smile.gif So i've been GAS'ing a bit at ebay biggrin.gif

Anyone else up for writing a petition to the worlds governments about adding a few more hours to the day? smile.gif

I know! I've been in the same situation for awhile.
4 days left then I'm having a vacation.
audiopaal
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 13 2009, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahaha, Bruce know the secret!!
Bruce for president biggrin.gif
Trond Vold
Woo! I finally have a day off this week smile.gif It will be used wisely to finally get a new lesson or two recorded smile.gif

I'm all for the 30 hour day! But the 3 day weekend sounds like a dangerous for those thats allready working in the weekends smile.gif

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 12 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking Trond?
I'm alone in the IT department for three weeks with around the clock duty as well..
Which basically means I'm working and on call for three weeks non stop sad.gif

God, I can't wait till my vacation comes along biggrin.gif

edited for references not suitable for GMC - Kris
Canis
I'll sign that petition just for the heck of it.. Even though I've got too much free time at the moment... Maybe we should equal eachother out, Trond? tongue.gif

Another idea would be a 8th day of the week, "Slackday", between Friday and Saturday ohmy.gif
Emir Hot
I would definitely sign it but not if the guitar is the work I live of smile.gif
bladzerok
i would vote for the 30 hour days, so i could do the steve vai 30 hour workout in a single day laugh.gif

anyway, i am not working for now, but i will soon so a may experience the same problem a trond and the others, since im going back to school in a month an a half, so i won'nt have much spare time sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.