Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metronome Help
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
loundzilla
Hi All,

This many be a silly question about how to use the metronome......, but do i strike a note at each tick of the metronome? and if i can play along to a set beat thats how i measure bbm?

Cheers
Ivan Milenkovic
Check out this topic mate, let me know if you need further clarification.

Ivan
Kristofer Dahl
You can strike one note per tick (you will then play "quarter" notes) - when you are comfortable with this I suggest you move on to eight notes (two notes per tick). Be sure to play those two notes evenly, so that the time between them is the same.

Understanding the metronome is an important step in your development - so be sure to ask more questions! smile.gif
Static
You can also check out Kris' metronome lesson. wink.gif
loundzilla
QUOTE (Static @ Sep 3 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can also check out Kris' metronome lesson. wink.gif

Hi all,

thanks for all the help. I understand it now smile.gif The video lesson was especially helpfull!

Would you recommend buying a metronome or just sticking to the one online?
Static
QUOTE (loundzilla @ Sep 3 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you recommend buying a metronome or just sticking to the one online?

Well, if your pc is close to your guitar and amp you can use an online metronome, they are just as good as a 'real' metronome.

Btw, if you need a good offline metronome check out Weird Metronome, it's free, really small (about 24kB) and does the job very well. I've been using it for quite some time.
loundzilla
QUOTE (Static @ Sep 3 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if your pc is close to your guitar and amp you can use an online metronome, they are just as good as a 'real' metronome.

Btw, if you need a good offline metronome check out Weird Metronome, it's free, really small (about 24kB) and does the job very well. I've been using it for quite some time.

Excellent! My pc is right next to my guitar / amp. Thanks for the link, looks like a cool tool smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I prefer using regular digital metronome. PC can always be distracting and sometimes I don't need it on when practicing. Check it out it's cheap and very functional:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.