Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Documentary On John Zorn
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
VinceG
Crazy. One word to describe such an eccentric way to present music. He is generally hated in the jazz community because of his odd ball of playing. But John Zorn is a one of a kind payer and composer. Inspired by soundtracks and music from Movies and cartoons. Bah, I babble. Just check the video's and see for yourself what kind of music this guy plays. If your interested enough, watch the quick documentary too.

A few of his music.

He's got the guy from Leng Tech'e doing vocals.

Documentary stuff that is really interesting. (Course Language are used, but to a more PG-13 way)

Enjoy.
Stephane Lucarelli
Great to see this kind of post on GMC - Cool links man, I love John Zorn & Bill Frisell.

PS : Be careful if you are not accustomed to this kind of music..... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
VinceG
Yeah, I've always wanted to know how a mind of an improv musician works. It's crazy how they create such music. Maybe this music is just too weird for GMC or something haha.

John Zorn's music collection is out of this world too. A whole apartment full of records. Plus his music taste just varies all over the place.
methodseeker
I love this stuff too. I saw Naked City with Frisell once, some years ago. It was amazing to see them change styles, tempos, vocabularies instantly, and still stay very tight.
VinceG
I'm jealous that you guys saw Zorn live. Must be a crazy time seeing em perform all this stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.