Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying My First Acoustic In 10 Years!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Marc_Maiden
hey guys! im planning on buying my first acoustic guitar in 10 years!

the problem is i do not have much money at all.

$150-200 is my limit, and i do not mind getting used guitars.

here is the catch: it needs to be acoustic-electric.

what do you guys reccomend? thanks!
ZakkWylde
A Takamine Dreadnought style!

They sound like they are three times as expensive and the quality is decent. With Takamine you get the best money/sound ratio with Yamaha the best money/quality ratio
Crazy_Diamond
Look a the Godin guitar's.. It is a canadian brand so I don't know if you can find them aroune the globe but they are great guitar.

When I talk about Godin it is also all there brand like Seagull, Norman, Art&Lutherie adn Simon&Patrick.

Excelent guitar for the price.

edit:typo
Marc_Maiden
ill check those out thanks guys

what do you guys think of alvarez acoutsitcs? there are some good deals on nylon acoustic electrics on my CL
skennington
I've got one for you Marc.. These guitars are custom built for a luthier here in my area. This is the Jezebel model and in absolute mint condition. I'll let it go for $125 and you pay the shipping. Let me know if your interested. Don't be fooled by the shallow bowl, it has a lot of resonance!

Clare
hi skennington, if marc is not interested? i,m interested! just let me know what you guys decide??
audiopaal
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 6 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A Takamine Dreadnought style!

They sound like they are three times as expensive and the quality is decent. With Takamine you get the best money/sound ratio with Yamaha the best money/quality ratio

Zakk is right, get a Takamine smile.gif
They're awesome, even the cheaper ones!
playaxeman
It is a bargain.

US is so cheap. It is because of import taxes which make buying in the US so expensive for us here otherwise I would buy all my gear (electric/acoustic )there

o yeah it is a great guitar btw
Boson
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 6 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got one for you Marc.. These guitars are custom built for a luthier here in my area. This is the Jezebel model and in absolute mint condition. I'll let it go for $125 and you pay the shipping. Let me know if your interested. Don't be fooled by the shallow bowl, it has a lot of resonance!

That looks a nice guitar for $125 !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.