Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiki Writers Entry; Buddy Holly
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Wiki Writers
Boson
More than 50 years ago but one of the pioneers of rock and roll. Buddy Holly is often quoted as a major influence by many top guitarists.

Hope you enjoy smile.gif
Staffy
QUOTE (Boson @ Oct 17 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More than 50 years ago but one of the pioneers of rock and roll. Buddy Holly is often quoted as a major influence by many top guitarists.

Hope you enjoy smile.gif

Yeah, he was really influential, one of the first rock players that also sang. He did some great songs as well, but I guess he was owershadowed by Elvis, since people got totally mad about Elvis in 57-58.
Definitely a milestone and a worthy entry in our WIKI !!! biggrin.gif

//Staffay
Sensible Jones
Yet another great that died too young!!
Nice entry!!!

(I'll take him off my list of To-do's now!!!)
biggrin.gif
Fran
Great, heart touching entry here, didn't know Buddy Holly had dies in the same plane as Ritchie Valens sad.gif

This one scores a solid 5!

Staffy
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 17 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great, heart touching entry here, didn't know Buddy Holly had dies in the same plane as Ritchie Valens sad.gif

This one scores a solid 5!

Yeah, he did. Someone else should be at that flight as well, but I forgot who.....

//Staffay
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 17 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, he did. Someone else should be at that flight as well, but I forgot who.....

//Staffay

The Big Bopper!!!!!!!
Staffy
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 17 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Big Bopper!!!!!!!

Yeah, he also died, but I meant the guy who was supposed to be on the flight, but took the bus instead. (remember it from the movie "La Bamba") I googled it now, and it was actually Waylon Jennings.... He switched his place in the plane with Richardson (Big Bopper) cause Richardson's got a cold and had problems to fit his body into a bus....

The last word the guy's said to each other was: Holly: "Well, I hope your old bus freezes up" , while Jennings replied: "Well, I hope your plane crashes." Jennings had nigthmares for years for this comment, even that was said as a joke from both parts....

//Staffay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.