Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Browser Crash For Video Chat
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > GMC site feedback & suggestions
newguyatgmc
Hey Guys,
Is anybody experiencing this problem. All my browsers(IE, FF, Safari) crash when I login to the GMC chat.

Thanks
SF
del-4fr53e3
Have you tried updating your Java? smile.gif
newguyatgmc
Thanks its working now.
del-4fr53e3
Good to hear! See you in chat smile.gif
Mr T
I'm having the same problem. Tried updating java, but that didn't do anything for me. I have the latest java, latest firefox and deleted my cookies.
Mr T
QUOTE (Mr T @ Dec 12 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm having the same problem. Tried updating java, but that didn't do anything for me. I have the latest java, latest firefox and deleted my cookies.

Does anybody have a suggestion to fix this? I'd like to make use of the chat.
Kristofer Dahl
We are trying to find the cause for the compability issues people are experiencing with the chat - I hope we can have it fixed next week!
Mr T
Hey Kris, don't know if there has been progress, but I'm still experiencing the same problem. Just to let you know.
Emir Hot
That's strange. I've never had any trouble. If you say that every browser crashes then it might be something with your system.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Mr T @ Feb 4 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Kris, don't know if there has been progress, but I'm still experiencing the same problem. Just to let you know.

All the problems we could recreate regarding the chat have been fixed - if you still have problems please give us as much information as possible so that we can recreate your problem.
Mr T
Then I have some work to do wink.gif

Both ie 8 and firefox 3.5.7 crash for me. When I click on the link for gmc chat, my browser takes me there and I get to see the page for about 2-3 seconds. And then before I get any video my browser informs me that it has stopped working... I click 'ok' and it closes entirely, including other opened windows.

Deleting cookies and updating java hasn't worked yet. I run windows vista on my laptop... haven't tried any other computers yet, but I could try at my parents place this weekend. Personally I think that something is going wrong during loading of the video, however I'm no expert.
Mr T
Hey Kris I've managed to fix this issue. I tried chrome as well this time and it still crashed, but at least it didn't close the browser and chrome told me that shockwave flash had crashed.
Did some searching on shockwave flash crashing all browsers and found this thread with the fix: http://www.google.hr/support/forum/p/Chrom...en&start=40

Apparently an update with bluetooth software from broadcom fixes the issue. No idea how, but it was an instant fix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.