Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Know A Willing Drummer
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
sted
In the wirral/liverpool area (England obviously!) been searching for two weeks now without success, long shot but you never know!! biggrin.gif
del-4fr53e3
Might help saying what music you are playing smile.gif

Did you try putting up posters at guitar shops? They're suprisingly effective ^^
Bogdan Radovic
Try putting up ads on myspace and facebook, also in local guitar shops and rehearsal studios...Drummers are hard to find, maybe you want to contact one from local bands to see if he wants to join yours too smile.gif
Artemus
I know a few in Manchester but not 'round the Wirral area. I can ask around for you if you like though.
Sensible Jones
Even with my far reaching network I don't know any drummers up that way. sad.gif
I shall send some messages out for you and I'll let you know if I hear anything back! I take it it's for a Blues based band?
biggrin.gif

EDIT Word has been flung far and wide and I will hopefully have a couple of contacts for you sometime soon mate!!!!
biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Place an ad in front of guitar shops, studios, rehearsal places, get together places of musicians, bars, clubs, internet local music forums, and wait. Someone will call eventually.
Daniel Realpe
musicians in your city
sted
Thanks all for the great suggestions, bizzarley i never thought to put ads in music shops! How thick am I?!?Ive put it all over the net but to no avail! I will ask in the local places if i can put a flyer up, I cant beleive how hard it is to find a drummer!

Special thanks to Jonesy! As usual always goes the exra mile, cheers my mate!
Chris Evans
I wish you luck mate, good drummers are hard to find even using all the advertising avenues (shops, local free papers, the internet)

My band has spent over two years searching for a good solid and reliable drummer, we`ve more or less had a drummer thoughout this whole period but if memory serves me right I think we are on drummer number five at the moment! blink.gif

Jonesy - know anyone down south mate? laugh.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (sted @ Dec 12 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Special thanks to Jonesy! As usual always goes the exra mile, cheers my mate!

No worries mate!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Dec 12 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jonesy - know anyone down south mate? laugh.gif

Unfortunately not mate! The only one I did know who was out your way had the total indecency to die in a freakishly bizarre gardening accident!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Artemus
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 13 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately not mate! The only one I did know who was out your way had the total indecency to die in a freakishly bizarre gardening accident!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif As opposed to spontaneous combustion.. rolleyes.gif
sted
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 13 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I dont dare ask! laugh.gif

It kinda sums drummers up though!
Chris Evans
Hey Sted, have you tried here http://www.joinmyband.co.uk/ looking myself at the moment, looks quite interesting covering the whole country etc
Nimrandir
Anyone know any sites like those posted above which are for Finland? biggrin.gif
sted
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Dec 14 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Sted, have you tried here http://www.joinmyband.co.uk/ looking myself at the moment, looks quite interesting covering the whole country etc

Yeah mate, if you look in the merseyside section thats my featured ad at the top! Ive tried a few of them, imuso, bandmix, formingbands etc

Ive actually had a reply form one guy local to me who seems very keen, hopefully he'll be a good guy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.