Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something A Little Bit Different
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Adrian Figallo
Hey guys, just wanted to share other part of my playing with you, i love to experiment with "non-regular" music for electric guitar players, electronica, folk, andean, pop, techno, you got my point, i love to make crazy takes on some cool tunes, and this time i got to record it for my blog, here's the video, if you like it give me a rate or comment over youtube, (helps my video popularity/subscribers).

Hope you all like it!

Tomas Santa Clara
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Mar 9 2010, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, just wanted to share other part of my playing with you, i love to experiment with "non-regular" music for electric guitar players, electronica, folk, andean, pop, techno, you got my point, i love to make crazy takes on some cool tunes, and this time i got to record it for my blog, here's the video, if you like it give me a rate or comment over youtube, (helps my video popularity/subscribers).

Hope you all like it!

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!

EDIT

loved the solo but it ends in a way which is disapointing sad.gif EVERYTHING ELSE WAS AWESOME!
Adrian Figallo
thanks tomas!, i'm very glad you do!
btw did u heard the original?
Gitarrero
WTF? That was great, I liked the original but you just made it so much better!
by the way, it's funny, entertaining and inspiring to see you play, you've got a great attitude!
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 9 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WTF? That was great, I liked the original but you just made it so much better!
by the way, it's funny, entertaining and inspiring to see you play, you've got a great attitude!

thanks for your kind comments bro!, what can i say.. i like dancing biggrin.gif
Tomas Santa Clara
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Mar 9 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks tomas!, i'm very glad you do!
btw did u heard the original?

going for the original now!

but once again dude AWESOME JOB

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
del-4fr53e3
Really cool, I love it smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
thanks guys for your great comments smile.gif!
Staffy
Loved it Adrian, I'm a big fan of exploring and go out of the boundaries, You did it just great and gives me hope for further development of the electric guitar and its role in modern music. Also I love Your attitude. Awesome!!!!

//Staffay
Sensible Jones
Great stuff Adrian!!

BTW I used to play guitar in an Electronica type Band back in the mid/late 80's. I'll see if I can find our old Demo and convert it to mp3 and upload it!!!!
biggrin.gif
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Staffy @ Mar 9 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loved it Adrian, I'm a big fan of exploring and go out of the boundaries, You did it just great and gives me hope for further development of the electric guitar and its role in modern music. Also I love Your attitude. Awesome!!!!

//Staffay

Hey staffay, thank you bro, you are right, i wanna see too how the electric guitar will evolve!

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 9 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great stuff Adrian!!

BTW I used to play guitar in an Electronica type Band back in the mid/late 80's. I'll see if I can find our old Demo and convert it to mp3 and upload it!!!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks sensible!, woooa that sould be super cool to see!
get it up!

QUOTE (VictorUK @ Mar 9 2010, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet nice performance! seems like a great song.

Thanks victor, it is a very cool song, i really like gorillaz.
Bogdan Radovic
Great work and idea for making this cover!!! Really loved your video! smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
thanks my bro! i'm glad u liked it!
JVM
Really liked what you did Adrian smile.gif The original is a good song too.
Crazy_Diamond
A great cover of a great song...

I really like the fact that your playing unconventional thing with your guitar. Also I really like the way you dance with your guitars...
Keilnoth
Nice Adrian ! Very cool ! smile.gif
I love Gorillaz and would love to have some lessons in that kind of style. wink.gif
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 10 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really liked what you did Adrian smile.gif The original is a good song too.

hey JVM thanks man, yeah i love the original song, i just felt it needed some punch biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Mar 10 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A great cover of a great song...

I really like the fact that your playing unconventional thing with your guitar. Also I really like the way you dance with your guitars...

thanks man!, i'm really into playing unconventional things these days, "dancing" is just my way of keeping the tempo, kind of flashy way biggrin.gif, i have to control myself a lot when i'm shooting lessons here, cause it's super important that people can actually see what i'm playing.
Crazy_Diamond
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Mar 10 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have to control myself a lot when i'm shooting lessons here, cause it's super important that people can actually see what i'm playing.

You still got the groove in your main videos cool.gif
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Mar 10 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice Adrian ! Very cool ! smile.gif
I love Gorillaz and would love to have some lessons in that kind of style. wink.gif

Hey hey, i love em too, yeah i can make some weird electronic feel lesson, would be a lil hard to explain tho biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Mar 10 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You still got the groove in your main videos cool.gif

hahahahahaha i try biggrin.gif
Emir Hot
Very interesting ideas. I like these experiments. Also that squeeky solo in the end was cool smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
This was cool man, I like how you fitted the guitar into this track, sounds great to me. I like this style. Keep rocking it, you're good at it! smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 10 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting ideas. I like these experiments. Also that squeeky solo in the end was cool smile.gif

hey emir, thanks for your comments man!, i like em too, and yah that solo sounds dirty as hell biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 11 2010, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was cool man, I like how you fitted the guitar into this track, sounds great to me. I like this style. Keep rocking it, you're good at it! smile.gif

Thanks for your kind words ivan, i will!

Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Mar 9 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks sensible!, woooa that sould be super cool to see!
get it up!

I've found the cassette, I'll upload the audio after I've listened to it!! I just need to make sure it's not as bad as I seem to remember!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I seem to remember it being very like 'Flock of Seagulls' etc!!
Adrian Figallo
woooo put it up put it up!
no excuses biggrin.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Mar 11 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
woooo put it up put it up!
no excuses biggrin.gif

OK...... BUT...........
I hold you responsible for anyone who suffers from a severe 80's Flashback!!!!
This tape had been locked away in a box in tthe back of my garage for 25 years for a reason, so YOU are to be held accountable for it seeing the light of day again!!!!!
laugh.gif

This is what Sensible was doing in 1986!!!!!!

Click to view attachment
Adrian Figallo
OMGGGGG quincy jones is the producer??
heyy actually the song is good man! it's a demo right?, i heard so many commercial possibilities for it, (in the 80's obviously).

i really liked it!, nice bass work, what compressor did u used?, love the VH kinda synths, really!

please don't tell me love is not enough biggrin.gif ph34r.gif
Sensible Jones
Thanks mate!!!
QJ!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
I wish!!! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, yeah it was a Demo. We had a Cassette with that one and 2 other songs that we used to send to Pubs/Clubs/Venues trying to get Gigs.

As for gear? The bassist used a fairly cheap Westone Thunder 1-A (Active. Active electronics was quite a new thing back then!)
He ran that through a fairly low end Trace Elliot (Possibly a GP7 head, I can't quite remember, but through a 4x10 and a 1x15 Cab) using two compressor pedals. One was a Boss and one was a mid 70's MXR I think. I seem to remember him and the Engineer adding some more at the Mixing Desk too! (This was 25 years ago!!)
Synths were a Roland 'something' and a Yamaha DX7.
My guitars were a mid 70's Strat and a 78 Yamaha SG 2000 (I really wish I still had that SG!!!) running through Boss Pedal Board to a Fender Twin. My Pedal Board was a PS-5 (Power Supply/True Bypass->Tuner), a CS-3 (Compressor/Sustainer), a CH-3 (Super Chorus), an OD-2 (Turbo Overdrive), an SD-1 (Super Distortion) and a DD-3!

All 3 songs took 8 days for recording all the parts and Mixing. It was such a longer process back then!!! Somewhere I have the original 1.5" Tape Reels!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Adrian Figallo
hahahahahaha man 3 compressors that's so 80's biggrin.gif, but hey, i'm a michael jackson fan, i'm used to compression biggrin.gif
it sounds so groovy man, but now the questions is, what do you play these days?
kaznie_NL
Cool song, cool cover, AWESOME PERFORMANCE!! You've got a very nice stage presence dude!! But indeed... the ending deserved to be better laugh.gif

great dude wink.gif
Sensible Jones
These days I'd say that I'm mainly Blues/Rock based but I do play a lot of Acoustic Jam Nights.
It's been a strange journey musically to get where I am now! I've been in bands for 28 years (On and off) playing lots of different styles! I've played in Punk, Rock, Glam, Reggae, Psychobilly, Rockabilly, proper 50's Rock 'n' Roll and even a Folk band!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 12 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool song, cool cover, AWESOME PERFORMANCE!! You've got a very nice stage presence dude!! But indeed... the ending deserved to be better laugh.gif

great dude wink.gif

Hey kaznie, thanks for your great comments, i was feeling too "rebel" at the ending haha biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 12 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These days I'd say that I'm mainly Blues/Rock based but I do play a lot of Acoustic Jam Nights.
It's been a strange journey musically to get where I am now! I've been in bands for 28 years (On and off) playing lots of different styles! I've played in Punk, Rock, Glam, Reggae, Psychobilly, Rockabilly, proper 50's Rock 'n' Roll and even a Folk band!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Woa man, 28 years in bands, im pretty sure you got at very least a super stage presence biggrin.gif!
i would like to hear more of ur recent playing, would be cool to hear the evolving of the sound/playing in the time!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.