Full Version: Death Of Puppets?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Falcon_itSELF
Master of puppets version by itSELF:

www.itself.com.br
www.myspace.com/itselfdeath

please give your oppinion
Santiago Diaz Garces
Vocals are gutural but I can listen what the lyrics says. That's great!! Nice version!
Ulrik
Good work!
Bogdan Radovic
I like this version its very well done! smile.gif Vocals are cool, drums maybe a little over the top smile.gif
ruben_mcn
wow sounds awsome .. but thouse drums :S make me a bit sick ..
The Uncreator
Cool stuff, but the blast beats take away all the groove of that intro riff, I can't headbang to it anymore sadly. Other than that its pretty cool.
Karl-ss
-...... Beats the original in my opinion... ESPECIALLY the drums xD
ZakkWylde
Lars is not a good drummer but at least he had some groove...
Blast beats are just a lame excuse for trying to be heavy imho, I mean with a triggered bassdrum and a triggered snare takes all the effort of playing the drums away! The sample is triggered by small wrist movements and lush kicks - how is this metal anymore?!?

When you play so fast that you can no longer pack a punch behind your kick or snare hit, maybe you should not try to play faster instead of covering it up by triggering! There are a lot of Metal drummers out there who play within the physicly possible range of drumming and sound extremely heavy like Dave McClain, Chris Adler or Dave Lombardo...

Triggered blastbeats are just for wannabes in my opinion.
Santiago Diaz Garces
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Apr 15 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Triggered blastbeats are just for wannabes in my opinion.

Holy words!!. Hahaha
Falcon_itSELF
sorry zakk but I think you´re wrong.
Trigger is just a recording option O.o If the drummer cannot play strong, is not a trigger problem haha
just see him recording...

Chowy Fernandez
very unique version, i think maybe a bit less of drums could be more audible for humans haha
Zsolt Galambos
Cool version, haha biggrin.gif Although I agree a bit with Zakk here, and the guitars are not that tight like the original, it's still a good version biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
It doesn't sound good to me. Although MOP is one of those timeless songs that you can arrange in any kind of style of music and it will still sound great, you still have to be good arranger. And this was poorly arranged song in death metal style IMO wink.gif
Praetorian
Ugh...not for me. I'll take the original any day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.