Keilnoth

Hope you'll like it :

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...ackstar_HT-Dual
Fran
Great review Keilnoth!, I love reading opinions about stomp boxes smile.gif
OzRob
This was going to be one of my major reviews when I could get to it. laugh.gif
Keilnoth
Would be interested in seeing if you share the same concerns and point of view than me about this pedal. wink.gif
OzRob
Hey Keilnoth, there is a small spot on one of the pots that crackles as I pass through it but I imagine a bit of cleaner would fix that no worries. I don't have any problem with the stacked dials 'sticking' though when trying to turn one of them.

My gripes are pretty minor. In general, the knobs feel a bit flimsy which contrasts sharply with the whole heavy duty feel of the pedal. The other thing I don't like is in dim light you can't see where the dials are set, there are no markings.

On the positive side I do know a number of users have switched out the stock 12ax7 and gotten some great results with aftermarket tubes.
Keilnoth
One day, I will open it and try to fix the crackles and sticking knobs... I think there are small screws on the side of the ring knob. Perhaps playing with those will fix the sticking problem.

Changing the tube is a pretty good idea if you are not satisfied with the stock one. smile.gif
Fran
QUOTE (OzRob @ May 7 2010, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was going to be one of my major reviews when I could get to it. laugh.gif

Go ahead! smile.gif smile.gif

All you have to do is edit Keilnoth's review and add yours in there too, that's the idea behind mini reviews, having all opinions in one place, here's an example of the MT-2 stomp with a couple opinions:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...T-2_Mini_Review
Bogdan Radovic
Very nice review about an interesting stomp! Well written with useful info and video clips - love reading those ! smile.gif
Daniel Realpe
grat stomp box it seems ,

thanks for the review
Ivan Milenkovic
That is very nice pedal indeed, I would definitely like to test it out. Thanks for the review, it's great to see some videos and samples there too, they ad a lot of info smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.