Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evening Blues....
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Staffy
Just posting a song I've been playing for some days by now. Since I dont have any guitar-player to do a duo-session with, I have to play both guitars myself. This is really a favourite of mine, one of the most beautiful songs ever written in my taste.

About the song: This is "Lonely Woman" by the piano-player Horace Silver. It was written in the 60's, but still has all the ingridients for a great song imo. I'll bet it could make a great heavy-metal ballad or whatever as most good songs can be interpreted in a variety of ways. I heard this song first at Pat Metheny's excellent album "Rejoicing" when I was bout 18 years old, and I played for a test to music college. (they loved it btw. and I joined the college after that) Since then I haven't played it at all until a couple of days ago, when it came up in my head.

About the recording: Nothin much to say, used amplitube EJ sound for backing track and Amplitube Fender Bassman for the lead with a long reverb added, yeah and my Ibanez GB 10 was played of course. I didn't try to "burn" in this one, rather to be lyrical and sparse. Everything was done in one take and is improvised except for the melody and the chords of course.

Enjoy!

//Staffay

EDIT: And as usual all comments (good or bad) are most welcome! smile.gif
SirJamsalot
QUOTE (Staffy @ May 21 2010, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*snip*
I'll bet it could make a great heavy-metal ballad or whatever as most good songs can be interpreted in a variety of ways.
*snip*
Enjoy!

EDIT: And as usual all comments (good or bad) are most welcome! smile.gif

Staffy, that was smooth and easy to listen to. Thanks for sharing it. As for the heavy metal interpretation - now that's hard to imagine =smile.gif

There was only one distraction for me in this mix that I think is easily remedied - the backing guitar every now and again had fret buzz coming off a chord. It kindof stood out from the rest of the song because of how gentle and easy going the song it. Other than that - loved it.

Christian A.
Daniel Realpe
I'm liking it!

Nice harmonics,

Nice dreamy vibe to it
Staffy
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 22 2010, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Staffy, that was smooth and easy to listen to. Thanks for sharing it. As for the heavy metal interpretation - now that's hard to imagine =smile.gif

There was only one distraction for me in this mix that I think is easily remedied - the backing guitar every now and again had fret buzz coming off a chord. It kindof stood out from the rest of the song because of how gentle and easy going the song it. Other than that - loved it.

Christian A.

Hehe, I think the chord progression with the falling bass line will make an outstanding idea for a heavy metal song... I will try to prove it some day.... wink.gif Fret buzz, yeah, I guess there are some because Im not fretting the notes properly, also maybe the sound and the master compression makes it stand out too much. I didn't bother so much about the sound on this one though, it was merely to record the ideas I had at the moment.

//Staffay
SirJamsalot
QUOTE (Staffy @ May 22 2010, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe, I think the chord progression with the falling bass line will make an outstanding idea for a heavy metal song... I will try to prove it some day.... wink.gif

//Staffay

Evening Metal! The challenge is on!!!!! biggrin.gif
Staffy
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 22 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Evening Metal! The challenge is on!!!!! biggrin.gif

Well, I have never backed out of a challenge, neither this this time. *heading for my closet to fetch the leather and the wig*

//Staffay
Bogdan Radovic
Amazing work on covering this song Staffy! Really love how smooth it sounds, its a beautiful song! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I think it sounds great Staffay, reeeally smooth and cool sounding, great impro. Really pleasant for listening.
SirJamsalot
QUOTE (Staffy @ May 23 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I have never backed out of a challenge, neither this this time. *heading for my closet to fetch the leather and the wig*

//Staffay

LOL!
fused
Nicely done Staffay
Very smooth and jazzy
Vasilije Vukmirovic
Nice and relaxed. I really enjoyed! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.